Windows 10 October Update and Clipboard History

Options

I've been using the new Windows 10 October Update and the Clipboard History feature.
What are the implications for 1Password with this?

It seems if I have the History enabled and I use 1Password to copy a password to the clipboard it is now stuck in the Clipboard History until I check and clear it. So I could potentially end up with a bunch of passwords stored in my Windows 10 Clipboard History.
When the History feature is disabled obviously the copied password is overwritten the next time I copy something to the clipboard.

Am I missing something?

1Password Version: 7.2.581
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 (latest)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited November 2018
    Options

Hi @mtissington,

Thanks for writing in.

At this moment, we do not recommend using the Cloud History feature with 1Password. We've been in touch with Microsoft about this a few months ago but they did not add any implementation that allows us to opt-out of the cloud history from within 1Password. The current implementation works for Microsoft Store apps as far as we can tell but it doesn't work for desktop apps entirely. There is an API but it only works in a very specific condition but not across the various ways people use 1Password.

We're asking Microsoft to allow an opt-out option on the whole 1Password process, so nothing in there can be copied to the Cloud History even if it is enabled.

• mtissington
    mtissington
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the update.

• You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.