How to sync all wifi passwords

Options

Hi everyone
I would like to know if it's possible to upload all Windows wifi passwords. I know for sure they can be massively exported to xml in windows 10, so I would like to know if something like this is possible or planned.

thanks
nicola

Comments

• ark0n3
    ark0n3
    Community Member
    Options

Hi everyone
    I would like to know if it's possible to upload all the wifi password in android.

thanks
    nicola

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ark0n3: I'm not sure if that's possible, but you can certainly store Wi-Fi passwords in 1Password to keep them safe and make them available on all your devices. It just cannot automatically insert them into your OS network settings. However, when you enter the password to a Wi-Fi network in Settings, if you're using a recent version of Android and 1Password, 1Password can offer to save it for you:

Use 1Password to fill and save in apps and browsers on your Android device

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• ark0n3
    ark0n3
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks brenty, I meant if there's a massive way to upload all of them at once!

• @ark0n3: I went ahead and merged this question with your previous query to keep things in one place. Please do try to avoid asking the same thing multiple places. It makes it difficult for us to keep track of things and can slow down getting a proper answer to your question. As brenty mentioned, you can certainly save these passwords in 1Password, but we don't support importing XML files right now. If you're able to get these into CSV format and edit the CSV to be compatible with 1Password, you may be able to import them, but that XML can't be imported directly, sorry. 🙏

• ark0n3
    ark0n3
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, I created the thread in multiple category since I thought different procedures and devs were involved for each os

• ark0n3
    ark0n3
    Community Member
    Options

@bundtkate: as far as I can see, CSV import does not provide wifi import, am I wrong?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ark0n3: What do you mean by "wifi import"?

• ark0n3
    ark0n3
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty a format to import wifi passwords in the wifi category - in the linked page I can see Login and Bank import only

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ark0n3: Ah, gotcha. Indeed, 1PIF supports all of 1Password's category templates. @MrC ’s converter may be able to help you get your data into that format, depending on what you have to work with.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited November 2018
    Options

@ark0n3 ,

Are you exporting the passwords from the profiles using the command below?

netsh wlan export profile key=clear folder="%UserProfile%\Desktop"

I don't have any Windows systems with a wireless adapter, so cannot generate an export myself to look at the export. If you want to generate one for me, with some password-sanitized samples, I'll take a look.

How many password entries do you have?

• ark0n3
    ark0n3
    Community Member
    Options

@mrc I confirm I'm using that command, don't worry I'll do it myself! thanks anyway

• Let us know if there's anything we can do to help.

@MrC would you like a sample, I can try to find it on my Surface Pro 4 if it helps to add it to your awesome tool.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@MikeT,

Sure, I'll take a look.

• I'll DM it to you as soon as possible.

This discussion has been closed.