1password update. What the WHAT!?

jonp11
jonp11
Community Member
edited November 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I have been fighting with the new 1password 7 for Windows update for weeks now. I've sent in 2 email inquiries in hopes of figuring out why my android phone and PC's are no longer syncing my 1password info. Have heard nothing in response.

As I've been reading this message board, I just learned that the license I purchased a number of years ago doesn't entitle me to use the latest update of 1password unless I'm cool with the "read-only" version!? Definitely frustrated about how much crap I've had to go through to learn this fact.

So now I just want to rollback my PC and my phone to the sync compatible versions of 1password. I've figured out the PC, but how do I rollback my android phone?

Very frustrated and would appreciate some assistance.

1Password Version: Win 10 rolled back to 1password 4. Anroid phone auto updated to 1password 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10 and Android
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jonp11: I'm sorry for the confusion, but you were not offered an update to a version you had to pay for. You would have had to seek out 1Password for Windows version 7 and install it manually.

Regarding 1Password for Android, there is no way to "roll back". The Google Play store doesn't support that. If you're having some trouble with that app though, let me know the specifics so I can help. Thanks!

• jonp11
    jonp11
    Community Member

You're correct Brent. I did seek out the new version of 1password for my PC of my own volition. This was due to noticing that my phone and PC were no longer holding the same set of passwords. Not to mention that it was obvious the file types for the vaults had changed so I thought that upgrading was the only solution.

So how can I export a vault from my PC (running 1password 4) that will update my phone (running latest 1password) to have the same group of log in credentials!?
    Thanks

• Hi @jonp11,

There is no need to export anything, 1Password 7 for Android can convert your vault to the OPVault format for you and 1Password 4 will work with OPVaults. The only exception is that 1Password 4 for Windows doesn't support showing nested tags on the sidebar as it is an older version that wasn't built with tags in mind.

If you already converted the vault in 1Password 7 for Android, configure your 1Password 4 for Windows to open the new OPVault in your Dropbox folder. You should see the 1Password.opvault folder somewhere in your Dropbox folder, open it with 1Password 4 via the File Menu > Open 1Password vault. After that, you should see the same data.

You may want to go to the View menu in 1Password 4 to deselect the Account and Wallet groupings as we no longer use that in any 1Password 7 apps. This will allow the sidebar to match with what you see in 1Password 7 for Android.

Try making some changes to make sure Dropbox is syncing them correctly between both apps.

This discussion has been closed.