I can't install 1Password7 to an iPhone.

Options
tallsweet
tallsweet
Community Member

Every time I try to sign on to add a new device (iPhone), it says "Invalid Login Information", yet the same login, secret code,Master password Info works on my other devices. I also have multiple vaults, so I am trying to sign on at 1Password.com When I try to sign on at iCloud , it doesn't recognize my Master password. 1Password is installed on my Mac 10.14.1

1Password was previously installed on my iPhone, but I deleted the app when it wouldn't allow me to sign in with my Master Password.

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: 7.2.1
OS Version: OS 12.1
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:I am trying to set up 1password7 on my iPhone. I keep getting a invalid sign on message.

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @tallsweet

Where is your 1Password data stored: 1Password.com or iCloud? You mentioned a "secret code" (which may be a Secret Key?) but Secret Keys are exclusive to 1Password.com accounts and are not applicable to data stored in iCloud.

Ben

• tallsweet
    tallsweet
    Community Member
    Options

Stored in iCloud. I have three vaults, not sure how I established all of them. Yes data is in iCloud, yet when I try to set up 1Password on my iPhone it won't accept my Master Password.

I also back up all my data to an external hard drive atached to my MacBook.

When I go to the Apple App Store there are about four 1Password Apps. Which one should I try to reinstall on my iPhone?

• Ben
    Options

This is the app you should have on your iPhone:

1Password 7 for iOS - iTunes App Store

When you launch it, from the welcome screen, please scroll down and select the option to sync via iCloud. Do not select the 1Password.com option at the top. Please let me know how that turns out.

Ben

• tallsweet
    tallsweet
    Community Member
    Options

It tells me my Master Password is incorrect. Yet the MP works with my MacBook and other devices. I used to use a thumbprint to open in addition to a Master Password.

• tallsweet
    tallsweet
    Community Member
    Options

I guess I could go back to my external hard drive several weeks ago and try to recover 1Password backup for my iPhone. What I don't understand is when I delete the 1Password account from my iPhone and reinstall it, why won't it accept the Master Password on all my other devices.

• Ben
    Options

@tallsweet

I believe that is going to be because the Master Password to unlock 1Password on your MacBook is the Primary vault's password, not your 1Password.com Master Password (which is what 1Password for iOS is asking for). Two different passwords, which is the confusion I alluded to above.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.