1Password7 for families is pointing to 1password4. How to have it load 1password7

Options
bobkusa
bobkusa
Community Member

Somehow I managed to change the default password file to 1password4 in the Windows 1Password4 app. How can I get the app to point to 1Password7 rather than 1password4?
I am running 1password7 for families on my desktop pc on a Windows 12 system for a month now. When I load 1Password7 for families app, up comes 1Password4 in side the Families application. How do I change the embedded password app inside the Families application so it points to the current release of 1Password?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password7 for families is pointing to 1password4. How to have it load 1password7

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @bobkusa

I’m a little confused as to why you have 1Password v4 installed at all? Could you please clarify?

Ben

• Stimraug
    Stimraug
    Community Member
    Options

@bobkusa Check if the icon you are clicking to launch 1Password is for the old installation of 1Password. You can right-click the icon, click "Properties" and in the "General" tab see what reads on the "Location" line. If it mentions 1Password 4, you're probably clicking on the wrong launch icon.

You can try searching for 1Password in your Start-button menu and seeing if it brings up the 1Password 7 icon you can click on to launch the correct version.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Stimraug: That's a very good suggestion. Thank you!

@bobkusa: Just to clarify, 1Password 4 does not work with 1Password Families or other 1Password.com accounts, as it was created many years earlier. It's also best to have only a single version of 1Password installed, so they're not conflicting with each other. Definitely check Windows list of installed apps an uninstall the old version if it still shows up there.

This discussion has been closed.