How do I use 1Password on Chrome OS?

I am successfully using 1Password for Windows, Mac and IOS and love it. However I also have a Chromebook runnning Chrome OS and haven't been able to figure out a workaround. I use Chrome on Windows and Mac as my main browsers and since changing from the Chrome password manament feature to 1Password I haven't been able to do anything that requires a log-in. Are there any workarounds for Chrome OS?

1Password Version: 5.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I use 1Password on Chrome OS?

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

Fortunately this is possible, though I don't have any experience of it. I am assuming you have a membership (with Mac, Windows, and iOS, the stand-alone licences aren't good value). Go to the Downloads section of the web site, and download and install 1Password X. That should do what you want.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jeff_raugh: danco is correct. 1Password X will work on Chrome OS, and it's included with a 1Password.com membership.

But I thikn we should start with what you're using currently. If you're really running 1Password for Mac version 5.0.1 somewhere, you're gonna have a bad time, as that was released just over four years ago. Can you tell me all the OS and 1Password versions you're using across devices?

• jeff_raugh
    jeff_raugh
    Community Member

Thanks danco and brenty. I wasn't able to find the Chrome OS 1PasswordX download, but will try again later and report back.

Current versions:

• 1Password app for Winows 10 version 7.2.581
    • 1Password app for IOS version 7.2.2
    • Mac: not as important to me as I only use occasionally when using a shared computer. For this I use Chrome extension available through Google login.

I am wondering what issues I will run into from running 1Password App on 2 platforms and 1PasswordX on 3rd platform (Chrome OS)?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jeff_raugh: The guide for 1Password X I linked to in my previous reply includes the download link. Definitely check that out:

https://support.1password.com/getting-started-1password-x/

That will work for you on Chrome OS with a 1Password.com membership, and it sounds like you're all set with the latest versions on Windows and iOS! :) :+1:

As far as using 1Password across all of those platforms, that's what we design for since we do that ourselves and many other 1Password users do as well -- I believe most do at this point. And with a 1Password.com membership, you just have to sign into the account on each one to access your data; no complicated sync setup required. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.