Chrome extension is not updating passwords from main website

Options
cdtdelta
cdtdelta
Community Member
edited November 2018 in 1Password in the Browser

I'm not sure when this started, but the Chrome Extension is no longer syncing passwords from the main 1Password website. I've been trying to figure out why my bank login kept failing for the last two weeks, and finally figured out the password that was in the Chrome Extension didn't match up to the one from the 1Password website (or any of the apps).

Here are the steps to reproduce:

1) Log into 1Password website
2) Change password for login account (regenerate, manually enter, etc)
3) Save changes
4) Go to website (after locking the extension, waiting 5mins, 24 hours, etc)
5) Use Chrome Extension Autofill

And the autofill has the old password still in it.

Chrome has been restarted, the system itself has been restarted (both unrelated to this issue), but it's still not updating.

I'm running Chrome Version 70.0.3538.77 (Official Build) (64-bit) on both OS's

One other thing I've noticed is in the Categories section of the 1PasswordX extension, the icons are there, but there's no longer any text. Tags are there with the text, it's only the Categories that's missing it.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.12.2
OS Version: Ubuntu 16.04, 18.04, Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cdtdelta: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! It sounds like you're running into an odd migration issue coming from an older version of 1Password X. Please remove it an install a fresh copy:

https://support.1password.com/getting-started-1password-x/

Let me know how it goes. :)

• cdtdelta
    cdtdelta
    Community Member
    Options

It appears that it's synced back up. I'll open a new thread if it crops up again.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad to hear it! It's a bit tricky, running entirely within the browser sandbox, but we're always working to improve it where we can. :)

This discussion has been closed.