Feature request: push notification (instead of email) for new login on website

XIII
XIII
Community Member
edited November 2018 in Lounge

Currently you send an email for every new login on the website. I would rather have a push notification on my iOS devices.

Could you please consider this?

(if not, I can probably achieve this via FastMail's Sieve Notify extension, but I'd prefer a "native" solution)

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, I hope we can do something like that in the future -- similar to using the 1Password app itself as a second factor to confirm new sign in on another device. It could be really cool. :)

• ce_1pa
    ce_1pa
    Community Member

I used to use LastPass, along with their LastPass Authenticator app, and I really liked the push notification feature. https://blog.lastpass.com/2016/03/lastpass-authenticator-makes-two-factor-easy.html/. Since switching to 1password and noticing that I don't get this functionality, whether I do 2FA with Google Authenticator, LastPass Authenticator, or another app, I really miss this. Instead of having to enter the 2-factor code when logging in from a new/untrusted/auth-expired device, you could simply tap 'Approve' in response to the push notification.

Google offers the same in their 'Google' app for auth to Gmail, and Microsoft offers a similar approval feature for their services in their Microsoft Authenticator app.

Any plans for 1Password (perhaps affiliating with a third-party app) to support a push notification-based approval to do 2FA login to 1Password?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Nothing to add since my comments this last week. If and when we do something like that, I'm sure we'll have more to say. :)

This discussion has been closed.