Scrolling passwords

I'm having a problem scrolling through my list of logins.
When I try yo scroll it just keeps going back to the beginning and never moves forward.
I'm using 1Password X ver 1.13.0 in Chrome for windows

Thanks
Jeff

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.13.0
OS Version: Windows 7 Enterprise SP1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• jjocsak
    jjocsak
    Community Member

Is anyone looking into this?

Jeff

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I'm sorry to hear that. How are you scrolling exactly? Using a trackpad, a wheel, keyboard?

• jjocsak
    jjocsak
    Community Member

Just using the scroll bar. It will not advance just keeps snapping back.
    I tried on 2 machines. 1 Win 7 and 1 Win 10.

Thanks
    Jeff

• jjocsak
    jjocsak
    Community Member

I just noticed that if I hold down the Shift key while using the down arrow it does advance correctly. But as soon as I let go of the Shift key it goes back to the top of the list.

Jeff

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jjocsak: I'm not seeing that at all. What version of Chrome are you using, and what input drivers/software? Here it scrolls as expected, and if I hold shift, I cannot scroll at all. It sounds like something on your system -- perhaps some setting -- is modifying scrolling behaviour. Are you saying that when you scroll down through, say, Logins, you end up back at the very top of the list when you stop?

• jjocsak
    jjocsak
    Community Member

Both Computers 1 Win10, 1 Win7 have Chrome 70.0.3538.77 and 1PasswordX 1.13.1.
    The shift only works on the Win 7 machine.
    Without that they both do not scroll forward.
    And yes to the last question.

Jeff

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jjocsak: What device are you using for input when scrolling? And is there additional software involved? Maybe someone else here has something similar to test with, but the only way to determine that is to know what you're using. Thanks!

• jjocsak
    jjocsak
    Community Member

Mouse. No other software.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jjocsak: But what type of mouse, and brand?

• jjocsak
    jjocsak
    Community Member

One is a standard HP wired mouse. The other one is a wireless Logitech mouse.

• jjocsak
    jjocsak
    Community Member

No none of those. Remember It is also happening with my standard HP wired mouse.

Jeff

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2019

Hi there @jjocsak,

Thanks so much for your report. I'm one of the lonely wolves who uses Windows on a regular basis here at 1Password. :)

I was able to reproduce the issue you're seeing on my Windows 10 machine. I applaud you for keeping your cool, as I've shaken my fist angrily at the monitor more than I care to admit. :p

We've filed a bug for the scrolling issue, but I can't promise you when exactly we'll get to fix it. If you see an issue number {183} next to an item in the 1Password X Release Notes, you'll know that the erratic behavior has been fixed.

In the meantime, would you be willing to use the mouse wheel to scroll through your login items as a workaround?

ref: x/b5x#183

• jjocsak
    jjocsak
    Community Member

Thanks for following up on this and yes I can use the mouse in the mean time, np.
    I'll keep an eye on the release notes.

Jeff

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for your understanding, and kudos for reporting the issue. :blush:

• johnroperlindsay
    johnroperlindsay
    Community Member

Hi all, I just wondered if there was an update to this issue, please? I have it on both my Windows 10 machines as well, which probably means it's very widespread (if not on all Windows 10 machines?).

• I apologize that this is still an issue. The problem is related to performance as we only render a small subset of the item list and add additional items as you approach the bottom of the list. When we add the additional items, the list size resizes which causes the scroll bar to be repositioned.

We're working on a new design that we hope will allow us to avoid this issue completely. We're not ready to share this with you just yet but you'll know the new design when you see it. 🙂 Please give it a go when it's available and let us know how it goes.

++dave;

This discussion has been closed.