I'd like to permanently disable the helper application

Options

I have a proxy and every time the helper app is loaded, it asks for my proxy user/pass (won't save it for some reason). I'd like to disable the helper app permanently because i don't use browser extensions. can you assist?

Thanks,
Troy

1Password Version: 7.2.581
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: windows 7 enterprise
Sync Type: 1password family plan/cloud
Referrer: forum-search:disable

Comments

• Hi @tlokitz,

Thanks for writing in.

There is no separate Helper in 1Password 7 like in 1Password 4; we only have one app and we also don't use proxy or networking with the 1Password browser extensions. We use Native Messaging for the browser extensions, which mean the network is not involved in any form.

If you are referring to 1Password mini, it's just a different interface for the same program, you cannot disable this.

1Password does need to know your proxy details to sync your 1Password account properly. There is a known UX bug where if you use the dialog at 1Password startup; it is not going to be reused on the next start as it doesn't have the option to remember it next time.

To save the proxy credentials, open the main 1Password window, go to the 1Password Menu > Settings > Advanced and enter your credentials for the proxy there. Once you click apply, it'll remember it next time.

We are going to fix this to remember the details automatically in a future update.

This discussion has been closed.