Changing Password on Dropbox site not working

When trying to change the password on dropbox.com, I am asked for my old password and a new password. I click on the old password form field and let 1PX fill in my current password. Then I click on the new password form field and ask 1PX to use the password generator. Then I click on "use suggested password". 1PX then fills this password into both form fields, old password and new password, overwriting the old password with the new one. I am unable to complete this process without jumping through hoops.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @cryptochrome,

Thanks for this bug report. The update for 1Password X beta that we released this afternoon (1.13.2) fixes password changing on Dropbox and many other sites. I tested with my own Dropbox account and was able to change the password without issue, but please let me know if the new version doesn't fix it for you.

-Mitch

• cryptochrome
    cryptochrome
    Community Member

Thank Mitch, I am going to give it a whirl and report back if it doesn't work. Thanks for working on this!

• dalton
    edited November 2018

Awesome, @cryptochrome! Looking forward to hearing if the changes in version 1.13.2 work better for you.

This discussion has been closed.