Multiple fields in a login page

Hi there!
I'm trying to set up a login that could fill all those fields at once. Is it possible?
Here's a screenshot of the website (https://www.net-entreprises.fr > Click on "Votre compte")

Thanks in advance :)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @leperliern,

If you save a Login item from inside the browser it should work. For anything more complex than a simple username and password setup 1Password needs to understand what field should contain what value, something it can learn if you save the Login item from inside the browser. You may find the steps detailed on our page How to save a Login manually in your browser useful in case for any reason 1Password isn't prompting you.

The Login item won't show the extra fields by default but it will fill based on what is contained in the web form details section of the Login item.

If you don't find this works please let us know but we seemed to be okay here based on my testing just now :smile:

• leperliern
    leperliern
    Community Member

Nope, doesn't work. For some reason it only fills the "Prénom" and "Mot de passe" fields... :/

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @leperliern,

Can you let us know a little more about your setup please, let's see if some difference from what I used to test explains our different results. Can you let us know:

1. What operating system you use.
    2. What version of 1Password you have.
    3. What is your preferred browser.
  • Cafeine
    Cafeine
    Community Member
    edited November 2018

Same problem here. It was a problem on their old website and still is... Fun fact: the auto save from 1P seems GOOD when you check the details of the recorded form but filling it fails as it was said. The number (SIRET) goes to Prénom, password is good and that's it... So you have to CC the number in the right place and type your name LIKE AN ANIMAL. ;)

Same stuff happens on Windows, macOS, with any browser (tried Safari, Chrome, FF), with latest 1P (7.2.2)
    I'm pretty sure the website is badly made like any official website in France, but I'm pretty sure that Dashlane is working with it...

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2018

Hi @Cafeine (and @leperliern too if you're also using 1Password 7),

So it does look like changes in 1Password 7 have resulted in a new Login item saved in the browser being basically useless and forcing the user to manually enter details like an animal ( :lol: it did amuse me).

Thankfully we can work around whatever weirdness is going on there.

1. Save this 1PIF (1Password Interchange Format) file to your Desktop. The file should end in .1pif, if you see .txt please alter the filename accordingly.
    2. Drag the 1PIF file to the 1Password icon in the macOS dock to import into the active vault. If All Vaults is active it will use the default vault for saving (Vaults tab in 1Password's preferences).
    3. Locate the imported item, it will have a tag with the import date.
    4. Enter edit mode and click the View Saved Form Details button.
    5. Replace the placeholder values with your real account credentials.
    6. Save.

You should hopefully find this item works with the page and 1Password 7.2. If you run into any trouble please let me know.

• leperliern
    leperliern
    Community Member

Hey there @littlebobbytables !
    First off: thank you so much! this is amazing. I just tried it and it works like a charm. What kind of magic did you use? 8-) I never tought I would get help after all this time :'( you seem pretty knowledgeable about this. Could you try reporting the bug to the team? That would surely help a lot of people.

Thanks again, you rock!!

• Cafeine
    Cafeine
    Community Member

Works here too. I hope this is going to the dev team, so other people don't have to do that. ;)
    Thanks!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Cafeine and @leperliern,

I'm glad to hear it helped both of you :smile:

So I took advantage of the fact that a feature hopefully not needed too often but potentially quite useful in stubborn occasions. I created the Login item from inside the main 1Password application rather than the browser and I created individual fields in the saved form details section for each field we ultimately wanted 1Password to fill. The field labels are what 1Password will look for when trying to match the field in the Login item to a field on the page. Thankfully the sign-in form you wanted to fill was designed well enough that the labels that appear close to each field were connected in a way that 1Password understands (HTML allows for some staggering ways that can make life anything from easy to almost impossible). I don't know why 1Password did such a bad job by itself but thankfully there are other ways of trying to make 1Password do what we want it to. We have filed a report as of course what we really want is for 1Password to just fill the fields without any tinkering.

If you come across any other problematic sites please do let us know and we'll see what we can do :smile:

ref: xplatform/brain#39

• Flomyen
    Flomyen
    Community Member

Thank you for the file, I was having exactly the same problem with this website (what a surprise to stumble on this exact website in here).
    I have further questions: how do you create this kind of file/id? When I manually add a new login from the desktop application, I can't input any other saved form fields than login+pass. I don't see any "add field" button or whatever. How did you proceed to add more fields in the saved form fields? I can't even do it in any entry in my login section.

• Hey @Flomyen! - I'm happy to hear @littlebobbytables' steps helped. :) Though this workaround is great, you shouldn't need to manually edit most Login items this way with our current saving and filling logic. If there are any sites you're finding aren't filling let us know so we can test them on our end.

To answer your question, though — if you enter "Edit" mode for the Login item in your main 1Password 7 for Mac app, scroll down and click View Saved Form Details, you can add new fields there. Once you've populated the final field available in that section, a new empty field will appear below it. Here's a screenshot:

This discussion has been closed.