1Password not opening on 1803

This discussion was created from comments split from: 1password will not open on Windows 10.

Comments

• matspeed
    matspeed
    Community Member

Hi,

having the same issue, did you resolve this?

Mathew

• Hi @matspeed,

Thanks for writing in.

Not yet, we haven't received the information back yet but we're working on it.

Are you using Edge and Windows 1803 by any chance? We are narrowing it down to a problem with the way Edge starts upon reboots, which can start 1Password as well, this sometime causes the crash.

• matspeed
    matspeed
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT

Nope I'm having issues with the desktop app not opening on 1803.

I have resorted to using 1password x on chrome.

• Hi @matspeed,

I've split your posts into its own thread, so we can figure this out as the crashes are not widespread and they're often unique to user's system configuration.

Please email us your crash reports; reproduce the issue and then use this guide to grab the crash report: https://support.1password.com/cs/windows-crash-report/

Email it to us at support+windows@1Password.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• matspeed
    matspeed
    Community Member

Faulting application name: 1Password.exe, version: 7.0.558.0, time stamp: 0x5b0ae042
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.17134.319, time stamp: 0x5ea0e53d
    Exception code: 0xe0434352
    Fault offset: 0x001117d2
    Faulting process ID: 0x4aa8
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d47b8ebd8d4693
    Faulting application path: C:\Users\Mathew\AppData\Local\1password\app\7\1Password.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report ID: 9aff09d2-a785-43b0-ade0-a118d05c8ec1
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

• matspeed
    matspeed
    Community Member

Application: 1Password.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
    at System.Runtime.InteropServices.ComTypes.IConnectionPoint.Advise(System.Object, Int32 ByRef)
    at AgileBits.OnePassword.WorkspaceNetwork.AdviseForNetworkListManager()
    at AgileBits.OnePassword.WorkspaceNetwork.RegisterEvents()
    at AgileBits.OnePassword.WorkspaceNetwork+<b__23_0>d.MoveNext()

Exception Info: System.AggregateException
    at AgileBits.OnePassword.App.b__11_1(System.Object, System.Threading.Tasks.UnobservedTaskExceptionEventArgs)
    at System.EventHandler`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].Invoke(System.Object, System.__Canon)
    at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskScheduler.PublishUnobservedTaskException(System.Object, System.Threading.Tasks.UnobservedTaskExceptionEventArgs)
    at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskExceptionHolder.Finalize()

• Hi @matspeed,

That looks like some of your Windows services are disabled or crashing.

Try this:

1. Open Start, search for services and open it.
    2. Scroll the list to find the Network Location Awareness. Right-click it to select its Properties.
    3. Set the Startup type to be Automatic and press OK. (Screenshot: https://com-agilebits-users.s3.amazonaws.com/mike/pb-YtJtEZ2y1C-w.png)
    4. Repeat the process for the other services: Network List Service and Background Intelligent Transfer Service.
    5. Reboot and 1Password should work now.
  • matspeed
    matspeed
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT,

I have just sent the details to support.

• MikeT
    edited November 2018

Hi @matspeed,

Please read my reply above your last reply, you may have missed it.

ref: XEB-17516-668

• matspeed
    matspeed
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT

All working now, many thanks

Not sure why they were disabled...

Regards,
    Mathew Speed

• @matspeed: On Mike's behalf, your'e most welcome. We're not sure why these settings end up disabled either. Mike may have smarter thoughts than I, but from what I've heard from others, it seems to coincide with Windows updates, but otherwise be entirely random. Some updates are fine, others inexplicably change these settings. At this point, I'm just grateful Mike tracked it down a while back so we're able to help folks fix it. Otherwise my job would be much harder. :wink:

This discussion has been closed.