Using 1Password X to store Chrome data

Options
som33333
som33333
Community Member
edited November 2018 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi,

I'm quite happy with the service at all – however since the latest improvements, the built-in Chrome Password Manager is more reliable (for me) and works nearly 100% on all websites instead of 1Password X where for me it's try and error... So now I turned off autofill by 1Password X and just want to use the service to store the data created by Chrome. Is this possible and if yes could you help me with the solution? Or is it maybe possible to import Chrome passwords automatically without being 1password the default chrome password manager?

P.s. sry for my bad english - still learning :-)

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: 1.12.2
OS Version: OSX 10.14
Sync Type: 1password.com
Referrer: forum-search:chrome

Comments

• dalton
    edited November 2018
    Options

Hey, @som33333! Thanks for posting about your situation and, let me just say, I don't think your English is bad at all. 🙂

I'm glad you've been enjoying 1Password so far. 1Password X has come a long way in the year and a half that it's been around, but there are always areas that can be improved, such as more reliable filling. While we don't generally encourage using the browser's built-in password manager alongside 1Password X due to possible conflicts, I can see where you're coming from since Chrome's password manager has been more reliable for you.

Unfortunately, I don't believe it will be possible to achieve the setup you desire. When you save/update credentials using Chrome's password manager, that data will only be saved to Chrome. There are no APIs or other methods that 1Password X can use to manage those credentials automatically. I believe the only alternative would be to manually import your credentials from Chrome to 1Password through https://my.1password.com/import/chrome. You'd have to do this regularly in order to achieve this specific setup, though.

This discussion has been closed.