Categories are missing descriptions (1.12, Firefox 62, Wayland)

I am using Ubuntu 18.04 with the "vanilla" gnome session, and when I open the extension (using the button or the keyboard shortcut), all the descriptions under "CATEGORIES" are missing. The icons do show up, and clicking on them works as expected.

Screenshot: https://screenshots.firefox.com/Lcy3bArCPyZNuYTP/null

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.12
OS Version: Ubuntu 18.04
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dajonker: Sorry about that. There are known bugs in Firefox due to a Ubuntu 18.04 ibus issue. You may have luck with the workarounds listed in the announcement, but it would probably be better to just update.

• dajonker
    dajonker
    Community Member

Everything works as expected, it's just the description text that's missing, so I'm not sure if it's related to the other ticket?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dajonker: Ah, thanks for clarifying. Interesting. Can you take a look at the logs and see what kind of errors you're getting?

1. Open Firefox and go to about:debugging#addons
    2. Select "Enable add-on debugging"
    3. Click "Debug" underneath "1Password X - Password Manager"
    4. With the console open, open the blank page again by clicking the 1Password icon in the toolbar
    5. Screenshot or copy/paste the logs that appear in the console -- just make sure you don't post anything sensitive, like your account name/email

Thanks in advance!

• dajonker
    dajonker
    Community Member
    edited October 2018

It says

Main window measurements: popup.js:31:193306
        main-mount took 63.0ms popup.js:31:193404
        sidebar-mount took 18.0ms popup.js:31:193404
        itemlist-mount took 14.0ms popup.js:31:193404
    app-mount took 69.0ms popup.js:31:201398
    app-total took 69.0ms popup.js:31:201398

Sometimes also this error:

Unchecked lastError value: Error: Promised response from onMessage listener went out of scope popup.js:31
    componentDidMount
    moz-extension://caf88488-4064-475f-aac9-c9a1a5e67c57/popup/popup.js:31:193868

And sometimes this warning

Attempt to set a forbidden header was denied: Connection 1022738457-lcs_client_bin.js:195:386

Hope this helps!

Perhaps some more information: I am logged in to 2 accounts (my own family account and the company team account).

• codybrom
    codybrom
    Community Member

I too am having this issue with 1PX v1.12 in Chrome 69.0.3497.100 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Windows 10.

Here's my console output:

Main window measurements:
    popup.js:31     main-mount took 68.7ms
    popup.js:31     sidebar-mount took 26.0ms
    popup.js:31     itemlist-mount took 27.5ms
    popup.js:31 app-total took 73.5ms
    popup.js:31 app-mount took 73.1ms

• dserodio
    dserodio
    Community Member

I'm also experiencing this, and it used to work fine until 1.11.0

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dserodio, @codybrom, @dajonker: I love you all! Thank you for letting me know. I had a weird idea that this might be something involving localization earlier, but figured that was just my overactive imagination. However, with a few of you experiencing this and someone smarter than me saying something similar a bit ago, I wonder if there's something to that...

Can you each tell me the language you have set in the OS and in the browser, as well as the exact versions of of each?

Also, were you not seeing this issue in an earlier version of 1Password X? That may help us narrow it down. :)

• codybrom
    codybrom
    Community Member

@brenty

OS Language: English (United States)

Browser: Chrome 70.0.3538.67 (64-bit)

Browser Language:

1Password X version: 1.12

The label text had been appearing correctly until this version.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@codybrom: You're awesome! That's very helpful. I'm trying to see if I can reproduce this. However, I am less awesome and forgot another rather important question: what language is your 1Password.com account set to (under Profile > More Actions)?

• codybrom
    codybrom
    Community Member

@brenty

English

• dajonker
    dajonker
    Community Member

I did not have this problem with 1.11
    Both my accounts are set to English
    Thanks, glad to see I'm not the only one with this issue!

• alistek
    alistek
    Community Member

Hi, this also started happening to me on two systems. Both Windows 10, Chrome 70, default languages (English in this case). Blank text next to the descriptions (also when going to create a new item as well). Happy to do any troubleshooting as necessary!

-Adam

• alexyang
    alexyang
    Community Member

Hi, I also had the exact issue in one of my two macbooks with Chrome. The setup is almost identical between the two.

• dserodio
    dserodio
    Community Member

@brenty my 1password.com profile is set to English, and my browser (Firefox 62.0.3) and OS (Ubuntu 18.04) are also set to English.

I'm almost sure I didn't see with the previous version. Is is possible to downgrade the extension to double-check it?

• alexyang
    alexyang
    Community Member

Updated to 1.12.1, and still having issues. All language settings are English. MacOS 10.14, Chrome latest stable, 1password x latest stable

• alexyang
    alexyang
    Community Member

I just re-install the extension from Chrome webstore, and the problem is resolved. Maybe there is corrupted data when upgrading to v1.12.

• dajonker
    dajonker
    Community Member

The update to 1.12.1 didn't fix it.
    Removing the extension from Firefox, restarting Firefox, and re-installing the extension works for me as well!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thank you all! We're still investigating the cause, but it's good to know that reinstalling helped — and that you don't need to worry about your data when doing that since it's in your account!

• dserodio
    dserodio
    Community Member

Can confirm that reinstalling fixed it, even without restarting Firefox.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hopefully the solution won't be to reinstall for too much longer but I am happy to learn it helped @dserodio.

• Ken Bergquist
    Ken Bergquist
    Community Member

The browser popup is missing most of the Categories labels on the left of the window:

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.2.1 (70201002) AgileBits Sto
    Extension Version: 1.12.2
    OS Version: Mojave 10.14
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• cecelia
    edited October 2018

Hey @Ken Bergquist
    Thanks for sharing! I hope you don't mind — I merged your post with this thread I think will prove helpful to you.

As brenty stated above, we're on a quest to track down the cause of this issue. If you don't mind answering the questions brenty asked here, as well as letting us know what language your 1Password.com account is set to (under Profile > More Actions), we'd be incredibly grateful!

It looks like some others are finding that re-installing the extension is fixing the issue for them. Can you give that a try and let us know if your Categories labels are populated again after doing so?

• codybrom
    codybrom
    Community Member

Still experiencing this issue in 1.12.3

• Thanks for the update, @codybrom. We're still looking into a fix for this issue. In the meantime, reinstalling 1Password X should bring back the labels if you'd rather not wait for an official fix.

• k4ch0
    k4ch0
    Community Member

Same error on Linux Mint 18.3, with Firefox 63.0 and just upgraded to 1PasswordX 1.12.3

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@k4ch0: Can you clarify? What error? Have you tried reinstalling 1Password X, as suggested above?

• k4ch0
    k4ch0
    Community Member

@brenty, nevermind, just reinstalled 1passwordX and restart Firefox fixed!.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Glad that did the trick for you too. Thanks for the update. :chuffed:

• codybrom
    codybrom
    Community Member

All fixed on 1.13 without reinstalling!

• dankyung
    dankyung
    1Password Alumni

@codybrom, that's great to hear! Please keep us posted if this issue persists in the future.

Dan

This discussion has been closed.