Cashback sites

ronen
ronen
Community Member

A few cashback sites promise to credit my account if i will access via their website to enother website like amazon / aliexpress and so
If I’m filling my username and passwords with 1Password App , will the cashback websites can see my personal username and password ?
Thank you

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Account

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ronen: That's not something we can answer for you. You'd need to ask them. It sounds sort of shady to me though. Better safe than sorry.

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member

Thanks.
    Just thought that if they can see my username and PASSWORD filled by 1Password ....

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ronen: Certainly in nearly all cases, logging into a website involves sending it your password. One exception is 1Password.com, which uses SRP expressly to avoid ever transmitting credentials. I'm not actually aware of other major sites which do this. So I would assume that anything you enter there would be accessible to them unless they can demonstrate otherwise. There's certainly nothing stopping a website from collecting anything you enter when visiting it -- and most browser extensions have the ability to read that information as well. As a general rule it's best to only enter login credentials into the site they are for.

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member

Thank you very much

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You're totally welcome! :chuffed:

• RebeccaJ
    RebeccaJ
    Community Member

If you use cashback site like extrabux, ebates, topcashback, you will need to creat an account on these sites, then you can shop through these sites and go to amazon or other stores. They would not see you account and password of amazon. Cashback sites only can see your account info on their sites, but not your account on other sites.

• I would guess that is probably true with reputable sites but we're not in a position to answer for them.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.