1Password Version 6.8.8 (688001) compatible with MacOS Mohave?

Options
givepollyacracker
givepollyacracker
Community Member

Hi at 1 Password. I run 1Password Version 6.8.8 (688001). I am on Mac High Sierra, and want to update my OS to MacOSMohave.
Before I do that I want to make sure will still be able access my 1Password.
Please advise!
Thanks, Judy

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 6.8.8 (688001)
OS Version: OSX 10.13.6
Sync Type:
Referrer: forum-search:Hi at 1 Password. I run 1Password Version 6.8.8 (688001). I am on Mac High Sierra, and before I update my OS to OS Mohave, I want to make sure I will still be able to access my 1Password>

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@givepollyacracker - 1Password 6 for Mac should work fine -- for now -- on macOS 10.14 (“Mojave”). Having said that, Apple made significant changes to Safari and the way extensions behave in Mojave, so if Safari is your primary browser, your time to use 1Password 6 may be limited. Specifically, Apple has changed the extensions format completely from the older .safariextz style of extension we've all been using for years to a new format called Safari App Extensions. 1Password 7 for Mac ships with this newer format, but 1Password 6 for Mac does not and never will. For the moment, you can still install the older-style (.safariextz) extension into Safari 12 in Mojave, but only from the Safari Extensions Gallery -- and Apple have said they plan to shutter the SEG by the end of the year.

I'd strongly recommend you upgrade to 1Password 7 for Mac if you're planning to upgrade to Mojave, for this reason. If you're using Chrome or Firefox as your main browser, it's less of an issue, but in general, it's never a great idea to continue using legacy versions of any of your software, especially the critical stuff you depend on. Hope that helps! :)

• givepollyacracker
    givepollyacracker
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Lars.
    I am just one person, and only want my passwords stored on one Mac.
    How do I:
    a) get 1Password 7 STANDALONE? I can't find a pricing for it (I am in Australia).
    b) and neither can I see pricing for the subscription – all it does is offer free trial for 30 days.
    c) How do I safely migrate all my passwords from my current 1Password for Mac over to 1Password 7 whether standalone or subscription?
    d) I'm not sure if I have membership!
    Thanks, Judy

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@givepollyacracker - pricing for 1password.com memberships is available on our pricing page. Standalone licenses are not being recommended as the best way to proceed for new users, so there's no mention of it on the pricing page. But for those of our longer-time customers who know what standalone licenses are, and already know they want one, we do offer standalone licenses for 1Password 7 for Mac. The full retail price will be $64.99USD, but right now they're on sale at "launch special pricing" of $49.99. You can reach the license purchase option from within 1Password 7 for Mac. When you run it for the first time, you'll see the purchase options window:

When you run 1Password 7 for Mac for the first time, it will import your 1Password 6 for Mac database automatically -- or it should. Let us know if that's not the case.

I can't say whether you have a membership or not; but if you already have one, you'd have had at some point to visit the main 1Password sign-up page and create an account, receive a Secret Key and choose a Master Password. If you don't recall doing that, then you're probably what most of our longer-time users are: a standalone user.

• givepollyacracker
    givepollyacracker
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Lars, I have upgraded to the subscription (still a free trial, but I will keep it), and it appears to have migrated all my passwords from my older version, but when I'm in the app it still says it's Version 6.8.8 (688001), not the new version 7 I've just upgraded to, and I can't find the new app in my apps folder. Any hints?!

• givepollyacracker
    givepollyacracker
    Community Member
    Options

Also Lars, since I upgraded I now have duplicates (or more) of my passwords. Do I have to delete the duplicates manually? And how will I know which being to 1password 7 or my old 1Password 6?!
    Thanks.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@givepollyacracker - ok. It sounds as if you may have both 1Password 6 for Mac and 1Password 7 for Mac installed on your Mac, so at this point, to get a better idea of what's where and how to sort it all out, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#DXY-37568-973]

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @givepollyacracker only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

ref: DXY-37568-973

• givepollyacracker
    givepollyacracker
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Lars,

I have done that and just sent it to you via email.
    Although I subscribed to 1Password 7 for Mac yesterday (and received confirmation emails), I can't find the app in my Mac's applications folder.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@givepollyacracker - I've replied to your email. Thanks. :)

• givepollyacracker
    givepollyacracker
    Community Member
    Options

You're brilliant Lars! I have also responded via email. Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I agree: Lars is brilliant. Glad that he was able to help out, and that he's on our team. Cheers! :)

• Anna_
    Anna_
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Lars, I have been a happy user of 1Password on my MacBook and iPhone since I guess year 2013.
    If I understand well there are no chances that 1password version 6.8.8 will work on Safari any more.
    I would like to purchase a standalone licence. If it is available, how to purchase from iTunes or directly from your website?
    Is there still available promotional special pricing for single licence user not from the USA? I live in Poland.
    best regards, Anna_

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @Anna_! You're correct; 1Password 6 for Mac will not work in Safari 13 due to the change in extension format. 1Password 6 for Mac used the then-current .safariextz format for its extension, but Apple changed the format, and in Safari 13 will only accept the newer Safari App Extension format.

You can get an option to purchase a new license for 1Password 7 for Mac by downloading the installer for version 7 from our downloads page. When you run it for the first time, your data will be imported into the new version, and you'll be offered the choice of starting a 1password.com subscription OR purchasing a standalone license. Choose the latter from the Purchase Options screen, like this:

Is there still available promotional special pricing for single licence user not from the USA?

There are no specific discounts by geographical region or country, but standalone licenses are currently on sale for $49.99, over 23% off the full retail price of $64.99. Let us know if you have any questions or run into any difficulties! :)

• Anna_
    Anna_
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you so much Lars for the clarification. Unfortunately :( I can't get special pricing, please see the attached screen shot. The only option available is the full price of $64,99.
    Would you have any idea how to solve it?
    Thanks for your time

• Ben
    Options

@Anna_

If you click through, on the next screen (prior to completing the purchase) you should see the sale price.

Ben

• Anna_
    Anna_
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben, I have a stupid problem. I lost that screen. :'(

• Ben
    Options

@Anna_

What screen do you see now?

Ben

• Anna_
    Anna_
    Community Member
    Options

I got 1Password 7 icon at icon bar. It's terrible because some passwords are missing!
    I don't see any more that screen to choose between membership or licence. And I have not confirm any.
    Maybe you can reply to my email please.

• Anna_
    Anna_
    Community Member
    Options

One thing solved. I opened the Welcome screen from the app.
    Most important now!!!What about missing passwords?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Anna_:

When you emailed us, you should have received a ticket number. Can you please let us know what that number is so we can locate your email and get back to you over there?

Thank you!

• Anna_
    Anna_
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I have send you an email. Thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you @Anna_!

We have received your emails and we will get back to you over there as soon as possible.
    Thank you for your patience!

ref: HSY-83498-121

This discussion has been closed.