1Password main app keeps moving to primary display when clicking dock icon

verdi1987
verdi1987
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I have two displays: my iMac and a secondary monitor. The secondary monitor is on the left and my iMac on the right. “Displays have separate Spaces” is enabled.

I keep 1P on the secondary display. However, whenever I click the 1P dock icon (which I do frequently because the app window ends up behind another window), the 1P app jumps to the primary display.

This is a very recent occurrence (within the last one or two beta releases).

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.1.BETA-3 (70100003)
Extension Version: 4.7.2
OS Version: macOS 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@verdi1987: Just to clarify, you've got the 1Password window closed when you click the Dock icon? If you like, you can right click it change the "Assign to" option to have it show up on a certain one. Does that help?

• verdi1987
    verdi1987
    Community Member
    edited August 2018

@brenty, The 1Password application window is open. (It may be behind another app window but does not need to be.) It simply moves from the secondary to the primary display when the dock icon is clicked.

I preferred to use “Assign to”; however, when you introduced the new mini, it made it such that mini also only opened on the assigned display. If your browser is on the non-primary display, that poses a problem.

As I stated, this behavior was only introduced in the last one or two betas.

• verdi1987
    verdi1987
    Community Member
    edited August 2018

@brenty, I am still experiencing this behavior with the 7.1 release candidate. I would like to know if a bug has been filed. I am able to provide diagnostics if needed. This behavior did not exist in 7.0 and earlier.

After some more testing, I have found that clicking the 1P dock icon causes the 1P main app to move to the monitor where the dock is located. If I move the dock to a different monitor, clicking the 1P dock icon moves the 1P app to the monitor where the dock is. This happens even if the 1P app is already open.

No other app behaves this way…

As I mentioned above, I cannot assign 1P to a display since I keep the main app on the secondary display and my browsers on the primary display. Assigning the app to a display causes 1P mini to only open on that display instead of where my browser is.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@verdi1987: I'm really sorry that I missed your reply. I'm not able to reproduce this issue, but I think I may have found someone who can. It's not clear that it's possible, but we'll see if there's something we can do.

• andiAG
    edited September 2018

@verdi1987, Thanks for taking the time to submit this to us, I've reproduced the behaviour that you're seeing on my machine and filed a report with our developers. Thanks again :)

ref: apple-2149

• Hey @verdi1987 just wanted to let you know that this behaviour has been fixed with version 7.2.2 of 1Password :)

• verdi1987
    verdi1987
    Community Member

@andi_n, thank you! I have confirmed that it is fixed.

• :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.