1Password 6.8.9 and Safari

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: the Safari extension not working thread - a new issue?.

Comments

• omerh
    omerh
    Community Member
    edited November 2018
    Options

Just reinstalled my Mac (Fresh clean installation).
    Mac os: Mohjave
    Safari: 12.0.1
    1Password 6.8.9 with 1Password mini running.

Firefox extension is working, Safari extension is installed, but not opening in Safari
    Tried reinstalling it nothing works!

There is now authorise browser is not starting after installing the extension.

Whats up?

From the log it seems that the extension handler is failing.

Wed Nov 14 15:21:14 2018| 689001 [EXT:(Secondary Thread 0x7ffc6e67a170):] E infoDictionaryForExtId: | failed to retrieve infoDictionary for extId: DE27563CEA1BAA1_____D│

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @omerh! I'm sorry for the trouble. We have an issue currently with the Safari authorization prompt page on our website, which is what 1Password calls the first time you try to connect the extension. We hope to have it resolved soon, so hang in there for a bit, and thanks for your patience. In the meantime, you can switch temporarily to Chrome or Firefox, which do not have this issue and will still allow you to fill your login/password details as usual.

• omerh
    omerh
    Community Member
    Options

Hi
    Thanks for your reply
    I’m not using chrome at all

Any eta for the fix?
    Can I get a notification?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@omerh - I don't have any sort of ETA, but I'd be happy to notify you...though you may find that simply checking periodically by opening Safari and toggling the extension off and back on may be easier.

This discussion has been closed.