Batch deleting of tags

koraykupe
koraykupe
Community Member

Hello,

I want to get rid of "LastPass Import" tag from all items. Is there any way to delete this tag from all login items?

Best Regards,
Koray

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@koraykupe you should be able simply to right click on the tag and choose Delete (assuming you want to delete the tag from every item to which it applies).

Stephen

• koraykupe
    koraykupe
    Community Member

@Stephen_C Thanks! It was my silliness. :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@koraykupe - yep, it's a pretty easy thing to do, as long as you're sure you want to do it for ALL items that have that tag. If not, then manual is the only way. Thanks @Stephen_C for helping! :)

• erikdstock
    erikdstock
    Community Member

I don't have this option on

1Password 7
    Version 7.0.7 (70007000)
    AgileBits Store

Right clicking just gives me a 'remove redundant' option and it is greyed out.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2018

@erikdstock - looks like you're right! What we described earlier in this thread is the way it used to work, but apparently that behavior was changed (shows you how often I delete tag bundles!).

Currently, there's no way to remove a single tag from multiple records simultaneously like there used to be. This is a function of the new nested tags feature, which made things more intricate and complicated when it came to deletion of tags. Not impossible, but impossible in its current incarnation. Our devs are working to bring this feature back in a way that will work without disturbing the new nested tags.

In the interim, if you need to delete tags, you can select the tag in the sidebar and you'll see a list of every item with that tag. From there, you can individually delete the tag from each item where it exists. Sorry for the temporary inconvenience (as well as the misinformation!), and let me know if you have any questions.

• ahmadassaf
    ahmadassaf
    Community Member

Hello guys .. is there any update on this ? removing the tag on every single item for 600+ logins is not how i intend to spend my time. Or at least, can we define setting the lastPass import tag as optional ? This can be a blocker for me of actually making the switch

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @ahmadassaf! I'm sorry for the inconvenience. At the moment, I don't have anything to share regarding progress on this issue.

• ahmadassaf
    ahmadassaf
    Community Member

Thanks Lars for the update. I will keep an eye on this. At the moment my OCD self is doing that manually :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ahmadassaf - sounds good. :) :+1:

• londan
    londan
    Community Member

Any news on getting this bug fixed? Really frustrating when importing as get stuck with tags that cant' be deleted. On Mac app there is an option to Remove Redundant but it's greyed out. On iOS you can hit Edit in the tags list and see a lovely little red Delete button next to each tag, but alas it doesn't do a thing. Pretty basic feature missing from the version 7 upgrade.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@londan - unfortunately, enabling nested tags played a bit of havoc with our ability to allow these things as smoothly as they used to be handled. I've nothing to report on it just yet, but our developers are indeed looking into it. Thanks for your patience.

• seanzxx
    seanzxx
    Community Member

@Lars Any news on the fixing? I installed 1password 7 and imported more than 600 items from iCloud vault. All of them are tagged as "1Password 6 Import xx-xx". Is there any way to remove this tag quickly?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@seanzxx - your timing is excellent! Had you asked me that last week, I'd have had to say "nope, still nothing formal to announce." But as of today, this is working in an internal nightly build. :) That means it will be in the next beta first, and thereafter find its way into 7.2.3, assuming all goes well. I don't expect it to be too much longer until we release that 7.2.3 update, but if you are both eager to get your hands on the feature and willing to run beta software, you can click "Enable beta builds" in Preferences > Updates to get it even faster.

• ronedwards
    ronedwards
    Community Member

So how does one do it?!

• ronedwards
    ronedwards
    Community Member

Got it thanks, just delete the tag! I was worried it would deleted everything with THAT tag on it!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@ronedwards, on behalf of Lars, you are very welcome!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime. :)

Have a wonderful day!

• joni1101
    joni1101
    Community Member

I'm on linux. Have 500 or so logins imported from LastPass. How do I delete the tags? Impossible to do individually.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @joni1101! I'm sorry for the trouble. Yes, that's one of the areas where a local, native 1Password app is more flexible and allows you to do more batch-processing type operations than does 1Password X. There are a lot of things 1Password X excels at, but for those kind of editing operations, nothing beats a local 1Password app. Do you have 1Password on any other devices (Windows or Mac) where you could batch-edit tags?

• joni1101
    joni1101
    Community Member

I'm on linux. no windows or mac pc.
    can it be done on website?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

It's not something that's possible it the 1Password.com web app currently, no. It's something we'd like to add to 1Password X in the future though, if we can find a good way of doing it there. Thanks for letting us know that's a feature that you'd be interested in!

• tewha
    tewha
    Community Member

I hope this hasn't been forgotten. I have 500 imported items I want to un-tag. :)

• @tewha

Not forgotten, but not something that is actively being worked on at the moment either, sorry. :( For now, if you're unable to use 1Password for Mac or 1Password for Windows, our CLI may be the best option:

1Password command-line tool: Full documentation

The most efficient way to do so with the CLI would be with a little scripting. If you need help with that the fine folks over in the CLI category of the forum may be able to help:

CLI Beta — 1Password Forum

I'm sorry I don't have a more convenient option to offer at the moment, but hopefully that gets you by until something else can be worked out.

Ben

• tewha
    tewha
    Community Member

Honestly, the best approach is for me to live with it for now. I can control my OCD, it doesn't control me! :)

• Heh. Fair enough, @tewha. Hopefully we'll ultimately come up with a solution for this that doesn't require Mac, Windows, or scripting. ;)

Ben

• travisjhicks
    travisjhicks
    Community Member

But how specifically do you batch delete a tag on macOS? Right-clicking or control-clicking on the tag in the sidebar does not bring up a contextual menu. Selecting a tag in the sidebar and pressing the delete key does nothing. I have version 7.5.

• Hi @travisjhicks

Are you perhaps in the All Vaults view? You'd need to switch to a specific vault in order to delete a tag. Once in a specific vault you can right click on the tag in the sidebar and select delete.

Ben

• travisjhicks
    travisjhicks
    Community Member

Yes, thank you!

• You're very welcome. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.