How to change vaults for a login

I've been with 1Password almost since the beginning...but I can't figure out this one. I'm using 1Password (Family Account) in Chrome OS on a Chromebook. When I'm logged into my 1password.com account, how do I change a login item from my Personal vault to our Shared vault?

1Password Version: 1Password X
Extension Version: 1.12.3
OS Version: Chrome OS
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @LarryMcJ,

If you're wanting to move/copy the Login item between 1Password account vaults then it isn't currently possible within 1Password X but this is something you can do in the web interface. Here's what I feel is possibly the quickest path.

1. If you can easily locate the item within 1Password X then click its edit button.
    2. Step 1 will cause a new tab to open with you logged into your 1Password account and in edit mode for that item.
    3. Cancel edit mode and click the iOS styled Share icon (square with an arrow pointing upwards).
    4. Select the Move/Copy... menu option.

If you feel it would be easier to first log into the 1Password account and then locate the item that's a perfectly acceptable path as well, I'm only guessing that 1Password X allows you to access your vault immediately without explicitly signing in makes it a bit quicker.

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member

Thanks, Bobby. Knowing what to do from your reply, I just logged into my account at 1Password.com and made the change, no need to launch 1Password X. Oddly, I'd done this before, but I had just forgotten how to get to Move/Copy (via the Share icon). In the Mac app it was obviously much easier to do this...but I'm still happy with my Pixelbook. Thanks again for your help!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @LarryMcJ,

As I'm most comfortable with 1Password for Mac as well I had to go look before I replied myself :lol: If I was helpful then I'm happy. If you have any other questions please do let us know.

This discussion has been closed.