To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Had old account that I couldn't access; started new family trial account...now problem

drwolfeesq
drwolfeesq
Community Member

So I had an old account. I stopped using it for years after I couldn't get the master password to work. I tried to recover but 1password said it didn't recognize my email as having an account. I created a family trial account using said email address via browser (firefox) with all new master password. Ive started adding passwords on the iOS app. Everything working great. I want to start putting the app on my other devices to sync everything. I start with macbook. I install app. I try my new masterpassword and it shows the hint for my old account. Cannot figure out how to fix this. Thanks.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.2.2 (70202006)
Extension Version: none
OS Version: Mojave 10.14.1
Sync Type: none yet

Comments

• Hi @drwolfeesq

On the MacBook please try selecting Help > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data from the menu bar. That'll clear out any reminants of the old vault from the MacBook.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• drwolfeesq
    drwolfeesq
    Community Member

That worked!!! Thanks a bunch!!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Ben, you are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.