On my new iMac, 1password doesn't appear as a choice when I right click in a sign-in field

Options
JHann
JHann
Community Member

I have version 6.8.8. I went to a Website on Safari (12.0.1). In the past, if I right click in the user name field, a list comes up next to the window containing, among other choices, 1Password. I can click that and then I'm asked to sign in to 1Password. Once I do, 1Password fills in the user name and password for the site. The Mac is running Mohave 10.14.1.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:On my new iMac, 1password doesn't appear as a choice when I right click in a sign-in field

Comments

• JHann
    JHann
    Community Member
    Options

I just answered my own question. Apparently when I transferred apps and documents from my old Mac to my new one using the migration assistant during setup, the 1Password extension didn't get copied to the new computer's browser ( I went to Safari Preferences, clicked on Extensions and saw there were no extensions). On this help page for 1Password, https://support.1password.com/extension-troubleshooting/ , I scrolled down to "If 1Password still isn't working in your browser." I clicked on the link "Reinstall 1Password extension." I did that and now it works.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @JHann! Thanks for the update. That's excellent news! I’d like to be able to say I’m glad I helped you get things squared away, but since you appear to have solved the problem by yourself, I can’t hardly claim any credit for it. :-) However, around here, we’ve learned to call a win a win whether we had a hand in it or not.

So, congratulations! Keep an eye on things and please let us know if the problem recurs or if there's anything further we can do to assist you. Otherwise, have a great week, and thanks for being a 1Password customer!

This discussion has been closed.