Autofill pasting wrong password in iOS on iPhone

davidjpfeiffer
davidjpfeiffer
Community Member

I am using the latest version of iOS and 1Password on iPhone. When I use the autofill feature in Safari it pastes the phone password into the website form. When I click submit after autofill, it fails to login because the password is incorrect. When I copy the password from the 1Password app and paste it myself, it logs in just fine.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @davidjpfeiffer

Could you please let me know if you have iCloud Keychain enabled in the Settings app under Passwords & Accounts > AutoFill Passwords? It sounds as though iCloud Keychain may be interferring here.

Ben

• davidjpfeiffer
    davidjpfeiffer
    Community Member

I checked, and I do not have iCloud Keychain enabled.

• yvrhnl
    yvrhnl
    Community Member

I am having a similar problem. 1Password fills the ID and Password fields, however the "ENTER" button is never activated. If the identical data is entered manually or copied and pasted from the main 1Password app, it works OK. I have tried with iCloud key-chain both on and off with no difference. The app I am logging into (trying) is the Crave TV App through my cable service provider (Shaw).
    iOS 12.0.1 and 12.1 both act similar
    1Password = current version

• @davidjpfeiffer

Which website is this happening on?

Ben

• @yvrhnl

Neither 1Password nor the iOS 12 Password AutoFill feature automatically activates the "enter" / submit button for you. Are you also having trouble with filling? If so please make sure iCloud Keychain is disabled for Password AutoFill as outlined in my post above.

Thanks.

Ben

• yvrhnl
    yvrhnl
    Community Member

This is only happening in iOS; PC - Win 10 works fine. The site is https://www.crave.ca/ Website is OK on PC but iOS app is the problem; perhaps a developer problem with the app. If I let 1Pass fill the fields then delete the last character in the password and enter the single character, the submit button enables. The iOS app is https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/crave/id942568279?mt=8
    Ron

• I see; thanks Ron. Yes, that is something the developer of the Crave app would need to fix unfortunately. It appears they have not properly implemented support for the Password AutoFill feature yet.

Ben

• yvrhnl
    yvrhnl
    Community Member

Thanks for the support.
    Ron

• You're welcome. :+1:

Ben

• davidjpfeiffer
    davidjpfeiffer
    Community Member

I tested it on multiple websites (Google, Facebook, Netflix) and had no problem. It is only happening on my college's website, so it must not be a bug with an app. Thank you for your help!

• bose789
    bose789
    Community Member

I am having an issue where the autofill password is not correct. I can go into 1Password, copy and paste the password as before. This works fine. But when trying to use autofill, on the same webpage, it says the password is not correct. This happens regularly, most recently on Newegg and avsforum.

• @davidjpfeiffer

Thanks for the update.

Ben

• @bose789

Do you have iCloud Keychain enabled in the Settings app under Passwords & Accounts > AutoFill Passwords? If so please disable that.

Ben

• bose789
    bose789
    Community Member

iCloud is disabled. I messed around with a few more websites, and didn't have the problem. It was those 2 websites where I could replicate the issue.

• @bose789

I don't have an avsforum login handy but I do have a Newegg account. I just tested filling that using 1Password data in Password AutoFill and was able to log in successfully. I'd recommend saving new logins for these sites as a troubleshooting step.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.