Billing says subscription active - app says "Account Frozen" - why?

KhunDaeaen
KhunDaeaen
Community Member

1Password app says "Account Frozen". https://my.1password.com/billing says : Your subscription is active. Your next payment is on November 12, 2019. Why is the account frozen?

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Frozen account

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @KhunDaeaen! I'm sorry for the trouble. My guess would be because you have created two different 1password.com accounts at different times, perhaps with different email addresses? Or perhaps you had one, deleted it, and created another? This can often happen if a user creates an individual account first, and later a 1Password Families or 1Password Teams account (or the reverse). Could that be possible?

• KhunDaeaen
    KhunDaeaen
    Community Member

I'm not aware of using different email addresses at agilebits.com and 1password.com, but that may be possible. How should I proceed to track down and resolve the issue?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2018

@KhunDaeaen - it's not a question of agilebits.com vs 1password.com -- all 1Password memberships have a 1password.com domain. But you might have signed up for more than one account at different times. Please open 1Password for Mac and go to Preferences > Accounts. Select your account there and examine the details. Are those details the same as the account you're logged into currently in your browser? Let me know. Please don't post any personally-identifying information here on this public forum, but definitely check it out and let me know whether the sign-in address, email address you used, and Secret Key are the same.

• KhunDaeaen
    KhunDaeaen
    Community Member

The email address found in Preferences > Accounts is the same as the email address as the account I'm currently logged into.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@KhunDaeaen - great! Thanks for the update. Now, please look at the Secret Key -- is it the same? You'll be able to view it in 1Password 7 for Mac in Preferences > Accounts by clicking "Reveal" next to the Secret Key option, and in the web view by clicking your name (upper right corner of the browser window) > My Profile > and then "Reveal" next to the Secret Key. Are they the same?

• KhunDaeaen
    KhunDaeaen
    Community Member

The 1Password 7 / Preferences / Accounts / Secret Key is not the same as the 1Password 7 Emergency Kit Secret Key. As I recall I'm logged on to web site using the Emergency Kit Secret Key.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@KhunDaeaen - if the two are not the same, then you have two accounts. The only way you can sign up for two different accounts from the same email address is if one of them is an individual account and the other is a 1Password Families or 1Password Teams account. Might this be the case? An individual account will have only a single vault by default (unless you add others), called "Personal." A 1Password Families account would have that plus one called "Shared." Look in the vault area in both 1Password 7 for Mac and in your browser: are there different numbers/names of vaults?

• KhunDaeaen
    KhunDaeaen
    Community Member

My intent was to upgrade from a 1Password 6 program purchased at the Apple App Store to a 1Password 7 program which supports Families and 2FA. The 1Password 6 program has 2 vaults - Primary plus another one of which I added. I can access both of the vaults from the 1Password 7 program, but haven't attempted setup the Families features yet. I purchased a 1 year 1PW7 Families license earlier this month. The IPW7 program shows a Primary vault and the vault which I added to 1PW6. I don't see any Shared vault in 1PW7. What should I do next to resolve the problem?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@KhunDaeaen - if your account in 1Password for Mac says it's in Frozen status, then that means it's the individual account, and the 1Password Families account is the one you paid for -- as you said. What you'll want to do is add your 1Password Families account into 1Password for Mac. Then you'll have all the vaults in one place, and you can move your data from both your Primary vault and the other (individual) 1Password account's vault(s) into the new 1Password Families account vaults. After that, you should remove the other, frozen account by clicking Preferences > Accounts, selecting it (make sure it's the right one!) and clicking the minus button. And finally, you would remove the old, standalone Primary vault by clicking Preferences > Advanced and UN-checking the box marked "Allow creation of vaults outside 1Password accounts." That will leave you running only your 1Password Families account in 1Password for Mac. Make sure you do the same in any other devices where you run 1Password as well -- though you won't have to move any data over in those cases.

• KhunDaeaen
    KhunDaeaen
    Community Member

OK. The 1Password 6 vaults have been moved over to 1Password 7 with old email address and the new secret key. The account status is now "Subscribed". Tnx for your help.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@KhunDaeaen - you're quite welcome! Glad I was able to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.