2 pages login + password don't autofill

Options

HI there,

Why so many sites, even Google, with 2 pages, the first for login and the 2nd for the password, don't autofill ?

I remember previous version (it seems so long time ago), and it worked...

1Password Version: 7.1.2
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: local

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @webregnet,

1Password 7.1 did see a big change to the filling code so at least for now it will mean that times where by happy accident older versions of 1Password had pre-filled a hidden field that 1Password 7.1 and newer won't. Longer term there are changes we would like to make that should help make things easier but it for now it can mean that certain sites will require an explicit fill instruction per stage.

The older code hadn't been explicitly designed to allow the second stage of pages like Amazon to be filled, it was just a pleasant side-effect. Personally I wish sites would stop adopting this approach as I fail to see the benefit. Depending on how the site is designed, if they're validating the username/email address and responding with feedback all that means is somebody can easily check to see if a particular email address is in use. That doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

• webregnet
    webregnet
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @littlebobbytables :)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

If you have any other questions please let us know :smile:

This discussion has been closed.