Failure to log on to 1Password app. on macOS

TWA
TWA
Community Member

Hi, Objective: Change regions. Created a new 1Password .ca account this AM, with items copied from the original 1Password .com account. Everything was working well this morning, not so much at 1500 hours. I can log on to 1Password .ca on my iOS devices, and on the browser-based 1Password on the Macbook. I cannot logon to the 1Password application running under macOS. Rejects the master password that works fine on the browser and on iOS-based applications. Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Mojave 10.14.1
Sync Type: Dropbox (?)
Referrer: forum-search:Failure to logon to 1Password app. on macOS

Comments

• TWA
    TWA
    Community Member

..and more. When I tried to delete and renew the 1Password app. on macOS, the app. is reporting that it is open and no action can be taken. Cannot find any evidence of the open app. using 'Force Quit', on-screen image,...

• TWA
    TWA
    Community Member

Apparent issue: The 1Password app. was looking for the previous .com master password, and not the new .ca account master password. Although the old password was tried earlier, it did not work (finger problems?). The .com account was being held open by the application, so a 'force close' allowed confirmation of the required password. At present, both accounts are active to allow reconciliation of a couple of items.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@TWA - I'm sorry for the confusion. Assuming you've got all of your data securely migrated to the .ca instance of 1Password account, what you'll need to do on your Mac is not delete the app itself, but remove the .com account, which will reset the Master Password to the one you use for the .ca account, and leave you running only that account. If you've still got items to transfer, then you'll have to wait on this, but whenever you're ready, you should be able to visit Preferences > Accounts, select the .com account and click the minus button, which will remove that account and leave you running only your 1password.ca account.

By the way, in regard to 1Password reporting as open, if you need for any reason to fully quit 1Password 7 for Mac, you will need to type ^⌥⌘Q (or just hold down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu): just choosing File > Quit will not do it, nor will ⌘Q. Hope that helps! :)

• TWA
    TWA
    Community Member

Thanks Lars. You have confirmed and added to my understanding of 1Password. Much appreciated.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@TWA - you're quite welcome! I'm glad I was able to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.