Firefox/Chrome auto sign in not working

Hi, just downloaded 1password and playing with it to see if this is the password manager for me, one thing I have noticed is the auto sign-in is not working on any site. The "Fill and go" launches the site and fills login info but does not log in, and ctrl + \ does not fill info on a login page (weirdly enough ctrl + alt + \ does bring up the mini panel)

After searching and reading through forum posts I do see where auto login has been removed for Mac systems, but cannot find anywhere stating it has been removed for Windows as well, am I doing something wrong? In the 1password app I have automatically sign in after filling usernames set. Under connected browsers it is actually blank, is this normal?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dextersarus: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! 1Password does not support "auto sign in". It should only fill when you tell it to do so. And you can submit the form by clicking the "sign in" button on the page or pressing Return/Enter when you're ready to login. It sounds like you're maybe having trouble with a specific website, and that you don't actually have 1Password connected to the browser. It would be helpful to know the website URL, and also the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using. I'll be happy to look into it.

• dextersarus
    dextersarus
    Community Member
    edited November 2018

Hi there, yea I should of put a little more info into the post.

Windows 10 v1803
    1Password v 7.2.581
    Firefox Quantum 63.0.3 (64-bit)
    1Password X 1.12.3

Every website I tried wasn't auto logging in, but was testing on American Express site mainly. The extension does have a pop up that allows me to fill the login field which is perfect, it was just weird as in the 1password app for windows it specifically says "Automatically sign in after filling usernames and passwords" and that is on, so I didn't know if I had done something wrong and couldn't get it to work, but sounds like that is expected behavior so I am all good. the ctrl + \ still does not work but honestly I am not worried about that, never been big on hot keys.

• rudy
    edited November 2018

@dextersarus,

1Password for Windows and Mac don't have any integration with 1Password X. On the windows side you would need to use the 1Password (requires native app) extension available on https://1password.com/downloads/windows/#browsers in the top row in order to have it autosubmit.

• dextersarus
    dextersarus
    Community Member
    edited November 2018

well that did it! thank you. So the main difference I can see is 1Password X will have an icon in fields it can fill, and once clicked in it will present the quick box to fill them. I think I prefer the icon/box login vs hot key. I would say that solves the original issue. Thanks guys!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Yep! Glad to hear helped. We're here if you need anything else. :)

This discussion has been closed.