Long passcode in iWatch.

mauri2
mauri2
Community Member

Couple of days ago I bought the extension 'Pro Features' in order to be able to use 1Password with my iWatch 3. I've got 1Password ver.7.2.2. An issue I'm having is that when setup the iWatch originally I choose a long password instead of 4 digits. Because of this, the knob for simple passcode is off in passcode menu in MyWatch app in the iPhone. I notice when going to see the app (1Password) in the iWatch to open it, it says 'Requires Apple Watch Passcode'. Obviously it recognise the knob is off (for simple passcode) but I cannot slide it to ON position, because I'm using a long passcode as already explained.
Please advise?

Comments

• @mauri2,

You also have a passcode and/or Touch/Face ID turned on on your iPhone?

• mauri2
    mauri2
    Community Member

Hi there,
    I've got enabled passcode and touch Id. (not face Id). In my iPhone (8 plus).

• @mauri2,

You've also turned on the Watch entry in 1Password -> Settings -> Apple Watch and then marked an item with the "Add to Apple Watch" row in the item you'd like to add to the Watch?

• mauri2
    mauri2
    Community Member

...in 1Password>Setting>Organize tab> Tags> Apple watch>yes, there is already 5 items (added manually)
    ... if i understood your question correctly...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mauri2: We'd probably get somewhere faster if you'd let us know what you've done already, especially the steps leading up to you encountering this issue. But either way, have you tried editing another item to "Add to Apple Watch"? You didn't actually answer Rudy's question. Keep in mind that just adding an Apple Watch tag to random items isn't going to get them to show up; only specific item types are supported. Let me know what you find.

• mauri2
    mauri2
    Community Member

In response to Rudy's questions:
    -You've also turned on the Watch entry in 1Password -> Settings -> Apple Watch...------Answer: yes, it's turned on.
    -and then marked an item with the "Add to Apple Watch" row in the item you'd like to add to the Watch?
    Answer: yes. I've done that with 5 items.
    Attached is a screenshot of what I see after doing that. If I click on Apple Watch under 'tags', it shows me all the available tags that have been added (see below).
    I hope it's clear. Not sure if screenshot is attaching properly. Please let me know.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mauri2: That's perfect. Thanks for the additional info. If you've already tried everything else, then it sounds like there's an issue preventing the data from being encrypted by iOS Keychain. If you're still having trouble, please do the following:

1. Connect both the Apple Watch and iPhone to power
    2. Open the Watch app on your iPhone, scroll down to 1Password, and set "Show on Apple Watch" to the off position
    3. Open 1Password on your iPhone and go to Settings > Apple Watch and set "Enable Apple Watch" to the off position
    4. Wait for it to stop saying "Uninstalling..." (this may never happen, but give it 5 minutes and then move on)
    5. View the apps on your actual Watch and if it is gone (in some cases, even those that completed "Uninstalling..." still show up)
    6. If it's still shown there, hold your finger on it and then tap the (x) (this may not work either)*
    7. Regardless, hold the pill-shaped Side Button on the Watch and Power Off (you'll need to disconnect the power temporarily to do this)
    8. Then, after backing up any local vaults and ensuring you know the Master Password, uninstall 1Password for iOS from your iPhone, hold the iPhone's Lock Button, and Slide to Power Off
    9. Power on both the Apple Watch and iPhone
    10. Verify that 1Password is not shown on the Apple Watch, that this is reflected in the Watch app on the iPhone as well (if not, go back to the beginning), and that 1Password is not shown on the iPhone either
    11. *Install a fresh copy of 1Password on the iPhone, and in 1Password Settings set "Enable Apple Watch" to on
    12. In Watch on the iPhone, go to 1Password and set "Show on Apple Watch" to on
    13. Wait for the app to finish Installing...
    14. Add a new item to Apple Watch by toggling the option in its details.

Let me know how it turns out. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• mauri2
    mauri2
    Community Member

If needed, see attached.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mauri2: Please see my reply above. If you've already tried re-adding items to the watch, there's a problem with the OS encrypting the data do it can be sent there.

• mauri2
    mauri2
    Community Member

I followed your instructions and success! Hurrah! My best guess is a fresh downloaded 1Password software did the trick. It was a bit frustrating along the way but nevertheless, I got there! Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. I hear you. I literally just went through something very similar with a financial app which wasn't working at all on my watch yesterday. watchOS has come a LONG way, and I love it, even though it can be frustrating; there's still room for improvement. Anyway, glad that did the trick for you -- and me too! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.