Install button is disabled

Options
webdeck
webdeck
Community Member

I'm trying to run 1Password-7.0.BETA-3.pkg installer on a MacBook Pro running 10.13.3, and the Install button is disabled:

1Password Version: 7.0 BETA 3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• samalone
    samalone
    Community Member
    Options

Same here, but I got it to work:

• Quit the installer
    • Quit 1Password mini
    • Quit the 1Password app
    • Start the installer
  • Ben
    Options

Thanks for the assist @samalone

Ben

• jw34
    jw34
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having this same issue. Weird thing is, I can't quit the 1P Mini process! I've tried multiple times quitting/force quitting. Neither work.

• jw34
    jw34
    Community Member
    Options

Alright found the real issue. Even though I deleted V6 and then the mini, I'm running 10.11 v7 won't install. For some reason I thought I read Yosemite or newer but that was for V6 apparently. My MacPro won't go above 10.11 so I'm out of luck until Apple gets off their butts and comes out with a decent MacPro update.

• Ben
    Options

@jw34

Mmmmmm Mac Pro update. mmmmmmm. πŸ˜‹ Fingers crossed for WWDC.

Ben

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

Oh that’s sad to hear. My MacBook Pro from 2009 also can only run 10.11. Well it was nice knowing you 1Password for Mac

• Jacob
    Options

Sorry about that mate. Here's to a new computer for you soon πŸ™Œ

• webdeck
    webdeck
    Community Member
    Options

Well, none of those helped me. The Install button is still grayed out. Tried beta 4 as well and same thing. Upgraded to macOS 10.13.4, still the same thing. Quit all browsers, quit 1Password mini, deleted 1Password from Applications - still can't install.

• webdeck
    webdeck
    Community Member
    Options

Okay, I had to unmount my external drives. Don't know why, but that enabled the Install button.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Well, none of those helped me. The Install button is still grayed out. Tried beta 4 as well and same thing. Upgraded to macOS 10.13.4, still the same thing. Quit all browsers, quit 1Password mini, deleted 1Password from Applications - still can't install.
    Okay, I had to unmount my external drives. Don't know why, but that enabled the Install button.

@webdeck: Thanks for the update! It sounds like something might have been stuck there. macOS will try to enumerate the drives to determine which it can install to (not particularly helpful, as 1Password really needs to be installed to /Applications no matter what, but anyway...) so that button was greyed out until you ejected the others β€” presumably because the OS was hung up on one of them for some reason. A similar thing happens to me a lot after doing Time Machine backups, where macOS thinks the drive is in use for quite some time after that. Usually if I'm patient it just sorts itself out, but worst case scenario rebooting does the trick. Cheers! :)

• cambrown
    cambrown
    Community Member
    Options

First option (quitting 1Password mini) worked for me. Many thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad that helped! Cheers! :)

• sach2b
    sach2b
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I'm trying to install 1Password 7 beta 6 and got this: http://take.ms/ZC1S0
    No matter how long waiting.

Best regards
    Aleksander Tymczenko

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:beta 7 intalation problem

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Have you been able to install previous betas? Are you using either macOS 10.12 or macOS 10.13?

Stephen

• sach2b
    sach2b
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I did Instal 1Password 6 beta. Right now I'm using 10.13.4.

Aleksander

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

In that case, does anything in this thread help?

Stephen

• sach2b
    sach2b
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Stephen, switched to "this thread".

BR
    Aleksander

• sach2b
    sach2b
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    Nothings of above did't help,
    I was able to install after running all periodic scripts in the Cocktail.

BR
    Aleksander

• Ben
    Options

Merged. Thanks for the update @sach2b.

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2018
    Options

That definitely shouldn't be necessary, but thanks for letting us know that was necessary for some reason on your system. :)

• DanShockley
    DanShockley
    Community Member
    Options

I had the same problem. I'm jumping through all the hoops I can find to get my Dropbox-synced agile keychain format file upgraded to opvault. 1Password 7 couldn't do it, so I re-installed 1Password 6. After restarting, making sure Mini was not running, etc, I finally found out about the "sometimes you have to eject all non-boot disks" behavior. THEN, the Install button was no longer disabled. Geez. Now to see if I can jump through the rest of the hoops.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad you were able to get macOS unstuck by ejecting drives. I've never personally run into that issue, but others have found that helped.

If you're having trouble importing your existing data into a new OPVault from the File menu, let us know the specifics -- such as any errors you're getting. I'm sure we can help with that. :)

This discussion has been closed.