Multiple Vaults with the same logins how can I update 1 and it updates them all?

This may not be a tool built in, but let me explain better what I am trying to do. I have 120 employees but only about 20 users across multiple companies. Many logins I have duplicated to multiple vaults to give better access to logins for those that need it, but to still limit access to others that may need access to one login in one vault but not others that would be in that vault. If that makes sense. Anyway, some of my passwords are duplicated to 4-6 vaults. Is there a way that if I change or update one of the login cards that it would automatically duplicate that update across the duplicate cards in other vaults? Or do I just have to do this manually?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• eyeless
    eyeless
    Community Member

good question! (though I was looking for answers to other problems)

• ddooster
    ddooster
    Community Member

Exactly the question I was going to ask. It would be great if one card could be shared with multiple vaults without duplicating the card. Otherwise, as JRiff mentioned, you have to remember to change each copy of the card when you update information.

• ag_konstantin
    ag_konstantin
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JRiff , hi @eyeless , hi @ddooster ,

Thank you for writing in! The issue you have brought up had definitely been occupying our minds for some time.

Unfortunately, at the moment, whenever you share an item into another vault, it is stored as an independent copy of the original item. There is no link between the original item and its copy. We are considering ways to make maintenance of shared secrets easier, but we are running into issues while trying to devise a common implementation for all use cases.

However, some level of automation can be achieved by using our Command Line Interface tool:
    https://support.1password.com/command-line/#manage-objects

Although, it would require some scripting on your part.

• andresurena
    andresurena
    Community Member

Hi. How about sharing login credentials for a whole team to the same vault, is this valid or just a shady way of by-passing paying accounts :D?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@andresurena: You can absolutely put whatever items you want in a vault which you share with the entire team:

Create, share, and manage vaults in your team

Just keep in mind that if you have copies of those items in other vaults they are completely separate -- encrypted using different keys, and only accessible to those who have access to that vault.

This discussion has been closed.