1Password X Firefox Ubuntu only shows unlock prompt shortly

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member
edited May 2018 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi,
i recently installed Ubuntu and installed the 1Password X extension.
When i click the icon, the unlock prompt is displayed briefly and then vanishes.
I played around a bit in the about:config section and when i set "ui.popup.disable_autohide" to true, i can use 1Password X normally. I have to use ESC to close the pop window however. Clicking an item or outside the popup does not close it anymore.

Am i doing something wrong or is this some kind of focusing problem in the extension?

Ah yes, one more thing:
After i successfully unlocked the vault, i can set "ui.popup.disable_autohide" to false again and then everything works as expected until the vault locks itself again. So it only seems to be a problem in the unlock dialog.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.7.1
OS Version: Ubuntu 18.04
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

Hey there, @daheinrich!

I sincerely apologize for the delay response.

Mitch and I discovered a bug in Ubuntu 18.04 which is causing all Firefox extensions with password fields (including 1Password X) to not display correctly. I've just created a post which explains the issue in detail with possible ways to work around it.

Please let me know if you have any questions and have a great week!

&drew

• rbregt
    rbregt
    Community Member

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ibus/+bug/1765304/comments/33

The patch to resolve this bug was just accepted to upstream gnome-shell master: see https - gitlab.gnome dot org/GNOME/gnome-shell/merge_requests/140 (For some reason launchpad is not letting me submit a comment with a URL).

Might it be possible to back-port this patch to GNOME Shell 3.28 for Bionic?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

It's nice to know a future version of Ubuntu will have the fix and not require any of the gymnastics that 1Password X users have had to consider.

This discussion has been closed.