Ulta.com username/password not autofilling correctly

Trying to login on https://www.ulta.com/ulta/myaccount/login.jsp

No autofill option is available for the username field. When I click on the password field, I can select a login. When I select the login it autofills the username field correctly but the password field incorrectly. If I click on the username field after it has been populated, then I am able to select my logins, and I can reselect it and it will autofill the password correctly. Kind of a pain to have to click around so many times to get it to work, and the username field never populates when I am in the Ulta app on my phone (but the password does populate correctly)

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: 1.12.3
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2018

Hi @kirstilynn,

So I'm seeing all sorts of messed up behaviour and I'm not even sure where to file it because it's so complex.

Now if you're quite used to 1Password X and you like the inline menus it has the following may not be of much help. One of the things I tested was 1Password for Mac with the companion extension and unlike 1Password X, it seemed to fill both fields correctly. As you're on a Mac it does mean it's an option.

1Password X is a standalone extension and you can certainly use it on the Mac but there also exists the companion extension, what 1Password users used before 1Password X. It connects directly to the 1Password client i.e 1Password for Mac/Windows and it has no UI (User Interface) of its own beyond the 1Password button in the browser toolbar. It's also what you would use if you were a Safari user as 1Password X isn't available there yet. It would also mean you only ever needed to unlock 1Password for Mac rather than both 1Password X and 1Password for Mac although we are trying to work towards something to make things nicer for those that like 1Password X.

If you'd like to give the companion extension a try you can find download links for all supported browsers on our "Downloads - 1Password" page just below the main link for 1Password for Mac. You'll see two rows, one for the companion extension and one that explicitly references 1Password X. I'm just mentioning it in case it might be useful.

Your phone will be something quite different though. Is it an iPhone or Android phone and are you visiting the website in a browser or is it a dedicated app for that platform?

ref: x/b5x#681
    ref: xplatform/brain#41

• kirstilynn
    kirstilynn
    Community Member

Thanks @littlebobbytables I will give the companion app a try. Worse case scenario I have to click a couple extra times to get the 1Password X extension to fill out the fields correctly, which isn't the end of the world.

For the phone, it is an Android phone with the dedicated Ulta app for Android.

Thank you for the help!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @kirstilynn,

Okay, so things are a bit messy on Android simply because there are three possible paths for filling.

Using Use 1Password to fill and save in apps and browsers on your Android device as a reference can you let me know what options are enabled please. I'll see about getting a virtual machine set up as well so I can try testing stuff for this scenario.

• kirstilynn
    kirstilynn
    Community Member

@littlebobbytables both Autofill and Accessibility are toggled on. The autofill prompt works on other apps, and within the Ulta app if I click on the password field, 1Pass gives me the autofill prompt correctly, but I get no prompt for autofilling the username.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @kirstilynn,

Is the Android app called 2018 GMC? It's all I could find when searching Google Play for Ulta. I tried using Autofill and it filled both fields for me. Just to see if we're using 1Password for Android in the same way and whether it looks like I found the right Android app I'm attaching a screenshot of the sign-in screen in the 2018 GMC app and how I first interact with 1Password for Android.

Does this match what you're seeing?

• kirstilynn
    kirstilynn
    Community Member

That is not the same app, it is called Ulta Beauty, here is a screenshot of it in the play store.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kirstilynn,

I think I'm going to have to admit defeat. I know I had to fib when creating a test account because I'm not based in the US and I just can't get Google Play to show me this app to download let alone test.

When you try to use 1Password in the Ulta app, are you tapping on the username field and I assume Android is displaying the Autofill option. I notice a subtle difference between Autofill using the native framework and filling via accessibility. The above was Autofill and the image below is accessibility.

You'll notice how the accessibility option has the cross to dismiss whilst the Autofill option does not. Which do you see?

This discussion has been closed.