Password generator not saving

jgoguen
jgoguen
Community Member
edited November 2018 in 1Password in the Browser

I have 1Password X 1.12.3 on Fedora 29 x64, both Firefox 63.0.1 and Chrome 70.0.3538.102. When using the Password Generator I get a notification saying 1Password couldn't save the generated password. When I check the generated password history, it indeed has not been saved. It looks like this has been going on for about a month (my last saved generated password was October 13th, I use the password generator pretty regularly for more than just passwords). It is also preventing 1Password X from saving the generates password to the clipboard and from filling it on the page.

In Firefox, this is what shows up in the browser console. This represents the whole process (activate the extension, choose Password Generator, click Copy). The last two lines show up as soon as I press the Copy button.

Main window measurements: popup.js:31:193310
    main-mount took 138.0ms popup.js:31:193408
    sidebar-mount took 52.0ms popup.js:31:193408
    itemlist-mount took 41.0ms popup.js:31:193408
app-mount took 160.0ms popup.js:31:201402
app-total took 160.0ms popup.js:31:201402
Unchecked lastError value: Error: Promised response from onMessage listener went out of scope popup.js:31
<unavailable> common.js:414:130
Unable to save item, running syncer and retrying... background.js:31:193476
No syncer available. Skipping runSyncer for GJ24PKLLJBAI5OYKO6DTUKSASM. background.js:31:192896

1Password Version: 1Password X
Extension Version: 1Password X 1.12.3
OS Version: Fedora 29 x64
Sync Type: 1Password X

Comments

• jgoguen
    jgoguen
    Community Member

It looks like the same problem, I can't save new logins either.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jgoguen,

When you next experience this can you try something for me please. Can you lock and then unlock 1Password X and see if you continue to experience the issue or if things improve. I'm trying to see if it's a bug we're aware of and if locking/unlocking helps that would strongly suggest it is the one I'm thinking about. We do have an attempted fix in the beta so if we find it does appear to be this bug and if you'd like to try the beta it is available for Chrome. I don't think we have a beta for Firefox yet or not one I could readily find so it depends on which browser you tend to use more.

If you'd like to try the Chrome beta it's available at 1Password extension - Chrome Web Store.

• jgoguen
    jgoguen
    Community Member

I got the Firefox 63.0.3 update today and it's working properly again. But this has previously persisted being a problem across multiple lock/unlock cycles, browser restarts, and even OS reboots.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Very odd. As I mentioned in my reply in the other thread, please do let us know if you see it return.

This discussion has been closed.