Can I delete a 1Password family member and reestablish them with a new email but SAME password?

TRodPass
TRodPass
Community Member

Hi! I'm in the process of fully integrating my family account. The family member was using an old email on their current 1Password family access account. First, does that matter? The email is inactive, so they won't receive any notices sent to it. If it's better to have a current email on the account... Since the vaults are all shared on the 1password.com account (and he is not using the Personal vault), I was assuming I could 1) delete the old user account, 2) invite him as a user on the new email, and 3) set-up the new account with the SAME master password. Is assumption #3 correct? [I haven't seen anything in the Knowledge base about using the same master password with a new account/email.]

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:deleting a user adding using same password

Comments

• TRodPass
    TRodPass
    Community Member

thanks! appreciate it...I think I had read an old thread on the Support Forum that suggested family accounts needed to create an account with the new email, transfer data, then delete... I'm assuming my family member can sign in on 1Password.com to make the change. He's only ever accessed his PW through the app... we'll give it a go. thanks again

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You may be thinking of when people had two separate individual 1Password.com memberships and wanted to switch to 1Password Families. In that case one of them would need to be invited by the other, to create a new account under the family plan, and then transfer their data there. Otherwise it's no problem to change things like email address in the account profile:

https://start.1password.com/profile

As long as they have their account credentials, that's no problem. And, if not, an Organizer in the family plan (I'm guessing that's you!) could help them do account recovery. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.