Repeatedly asked to enable browser extension (macOS Safari)

ings
ings
Community Member
edited November 2018 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi,

This issue (or a related one) was first raised in March 2017. It appears to be back, at least for me. I am frequently asked to enable the 1Password Safari extension, usually when I launch Safari for the first time.

I tried uninstalling/rebooting/reinstalling to no avail (although I suspect it wasn't a "clean" uninstall as I was not prompted for my account code the first time I launched 1Password after the reinstall).

Any suggestions for me to try? Thanks.

Dave Ings

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: 7.2.2
OS Version: macOS 10.14.1
Sync Type: Subscription

Comments

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2018

Hi @ings! :)

Sorry for the trouble. A few things can cause this to happen, and it's tough for us to pinpoint the issue without seeing a diagnostics report.

I'd like to take a look, so I've created a support query for you. Please create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#UZK-63743-967] (others, please don't use this number in the subject line)

This will link your diagnostics to the query I created. We'll take a look and continue the conversation there. :)

Thanks!

ref: #UZK-63743-967

• ings
    ings
    Community Member

Thanks. Have done as you requested

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni

Got it, thanks for sending in the diagnostics report. :) I'll get back to you via email shortly.

• trifler
    trifler
    Community Member

I'm having the same issue. Can you help me with this?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @trifler,

We haven't found a solution for ings yet sadly so we're still trying to understand what is going on. I do have a number of requests though as we try to better understand what is happening. I'll send you an email to kickstart the conversation as amongst the requests will be one for a diagnostic report anyway.

ref: ZHB-81823-787

• trifler
    trifler
    Community Member

Thank you

• @trifler , @ings — Hey friends! I see that you both have private threads going with littlebobbytables and ag_sebastian. Just want to say thanks for your patience the matter. We look forward to helping you resolve this issue (and hopefully learning about how to prevent this from happening in the future). <3

• ings
    ings
    Community Member
    edited January 2019

Hello me again. :)

I scratch reinstalled my iMac over the holidays. The frequency of the enable requests is now very much reduced - almost but not quite to zero. When it does happen it seems to be triggered by switching user ids - immediately after switching I'll be prompted. (Dismissing the dialog with "Close" works fine.)

From my perspective I'm not too worried about this, but one wonders what is happening under the covers.

Dave Ings

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @ings,

Thanks to other reports we have identified fast user switching as being a case we hadn't considered. I don't know when we'll even have a beta ready with a fix but we're hoping once we address this scenario that we'll have caught all the places where Safari might tell us the extension isn't enabled.

This discussion has been closed.