website login issue(specific website), probably a bug of 1password 7 windows version

Options

I just registered a membership at olg.ca, everything went fine. And the error is when I logging into this web the automatic type password is always shorter than original password stored in 1password, so I have to copy the password manually and paste to that password field to log in.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there @gz_ch,

Thanks for your report. :) I've tried reproducing the issue you're seeing, and wasn't able to, as both email and password fill properly for me. Are you using your browser's bult-in password manager by any chance?

To determine that, which exact steps are you taking to get 1Password to fill the item? I'm filling through the 1Password extension: Video

• gz_ch
    gz_ch
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I prefer login by another link (enter homepage -> Lotteries -> Buy your tickets now -> log in), and the error shows like I said. Please check this video I just recordedhttps://dropbox.com/s/3y0rdhcq5f74r1d/Editor.mp4?dl=0

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2018
    Options

Hi @gz_ch

Thanks so much for the video, that page does behave differently. There's definitely something wonky going on, and I've filed a report for us to fix.

In the meantime, a workaround is to manually save the login. Here's a Video.

Give it a go, and let me know how it goes. :)

ref: xplatform/brain#42

• gz_ch
    gz_ch
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Sebastian,

Thank you for this video, this manually save login method working.

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad to hear it worked for you, @gz_ch! :)

Ideally, you would never have to manually save a login. In some cases though, manually saving helps kick all the fields into the right place. ;)

This discussion has been closed.