Rearranging Labels in a Secure Note

Options

In 1P7 for Windows and on my PC, I created a secure note for a car and with it several labels for purchase date, VIN number etc. etc. These labels I created as they occurred to me. When done, I tried to rearrange the labels in a more logical order but could find no way to do so. Sitting a a doctor's waiting room and with time on my hands, (sound familiar?), I had a look at the note on my IPAD and found to my surprise that in IOS it is easy to drag and drop labels within a section. Should I have been surprised? Is this a function not available in the Windows version? If so, where do I find it? If not available, is it planned for the future?

1Password Version: 7.2.581
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: W10 Pro
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hey, @Andrew42! You actually can move labels within a section on Windows, but I can't blame you for not finding it on your own. I knew it was possible, but it took me a while to recall how. So, here it is:

1. Edit the Secure Note.
    2. Click the label you want to move.
    3. Press Alt + Up and Alt + Down to move it around.
    4. Save when you're ready.

It would be great to see the option to drag as well, but for the moment, it's a keyboard only thing. I'll see what we can do to make this a bit more discoverable. Perhaps it has a home in our documentation somewhere. :chuffed:

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you very much. I’ll give it a whirl. I’m on my IPad at the moment. I couldn’t find it and it certainly isn’t intuitive. I very much appreciate your taking the time to research it.

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks again @Bundkate. I found a sort of reference to how do do this in an article on IPassword shortcuts where it reads:-

Alt + Up arrow Move the item detail up.
    Alt + Down arrow Move the item detail down.

I'm not sure that I would have recognised this as the way to reorganise labels if you hadn't shewn me how to do it.

• @Andrew42: Ah-ha! I thought it was somewhere, but I was digging while I was on a call this afternoon, so probably wasn't as thorough as I could have been. Things like that are tough to document too. I call it an item detail, you call it a label, others might call it a field. It's something that doesn't necessarily have an analog outside of 1Password, so we're probably going to confuse someone regardless. Still, it's worth a ponder. Might be we can be a bit more descriptive, hopefully without writing a novel. :wink:

Anyway, I'm glad it works, even if it isn't the most obvious of things. As they said in the G.I. Joe cartoons back in the day, "Now you know and knowing is half the battle! (G.I JOEEEEEE!)". :lol:

This discussion has been closed.