Taskbar menu of 1Password works wrong

When I open the right-click menu of 1Password on the Taskbar and click 'open'(after Windows 10 just starts up), 1Password turns off.
I have to re-run it or run 1Password from 'Start page' first time.

Is it a bug?

• I use 1Password extension on Chrome and Edge.

1Password Version: 7.2.581
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 1803
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@S27go8TN: What do you mean "turns off"? Can you be more specific about what you're doing and what's happening?

• S27go8TN
    S27go8TN
    Community Member

Uh, sorry my bad english. ^^;

1Password app closed when I click the ‘open’ in right-click menu of small 1Password icon on Taskbar. It happens every first try just after windows 10 starts.

After re-running 1Password, it works well.

• S27go8TN
    S27go8TN
    Community Member

I found something more.

I think this problem comes from Edge browser extension. After unistalling extension from Edge, it doesn’t happen any more. Extension of Chrome doesn’t make any problem.

And I got error events of application. Some error are there on KERNELBASE.dll with 1Password.exe.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@S27go8TN: Ah, thank you. I'm not seeing that happen here. If you wait a little bit longer after starting Windows, does it work as expected? I think maybe Edge starting up in the background might be causing some trouble for you. You could also try Control-clicking the icon to open the main 1Password window. Let me know if that helps.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I found something more. I think this problem comes from Edge browser extension. After unistalling extension from Edge, it doesn’t happen any more. Extension of Chrome doesn’t make any problem. And I got error events of application. Some error are there on KERNELBASE.dll with 1Password.exe.

@S27go8TN: Believe it or not, I replied before seeing the notification for your last comment. I'm glad we agree! :lol:

Indeed, if it is Edge causing it, there isn't a workaround, other than patience or not using 1Password there. For about a year or so, Windows launches Edge on startup no matter what, and Edge launches its extensions at that time too. This can cause some errors with 1Password since it probably isn't finished launching at that time itself. We'll continue to work with Microsoft though to see if it can be improved in the future.

• S27go8TN
    S27go8TN
    Community Member

Thanks, brenty.

Have a nice day!

• @S27go8TN: If you're happy not using Edge, of course, there's no need to fuss with it, but we did recently learn of something that seems to help with issues caused by the Edge extension. You and Brenty both seem to have the right of it with Edge launching in the background being causing the trouble and the workaround is disabling Edge running in the background:

1. Open Start and click the gear icon to open Settings.
    2. Click Privacy > Background apps, disable Microsoft Edge.

If you need 1Password in Edge, give that a try and see if it improves things. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.