suro
Community Member

Hi there

I'm using the following setup:

• MacOS: 10.14 Mojave
  • 1Password 6.8.9 on MacOS
  • iPhone 8 with iOS12
  • iOS app 1Password 7.2.1

I'd like to use the WLAN-Server function to sync between Mac/iOS. I enabled the checkbox in the settings of 1Password at my Mac, installed the newest iOS app and chooses "WLAN-Server" after starting it.
It detects my Mac immediately and I can enter the security code displayed at the Mac -> as soon as I click proceed (in german it's "weiter"), the iOS app crash. After reopen the app I can send diagnostic information, but any time I try it again, the app crash... :(

Of course I followed all support instructions (uninstall, disable/enable wifi, reboot,...), but nothing helped and the app crash.

And no thanks, I don't want to use a cloud service or any other subscription plans which are offered from Agilebits as long as you guys don't force me to :)

Thank you for your support.

1Password Version: 6.8.9 and 7.2.1
Extension Version: 6.8.9 7.2.1
OS Version: OS X 10.14
Sync Type: WLAN

Comments

• Hi @suro

Please try each of the troubleshooting steps in this guide and let me know how it turns out:

https://support.1password.com/wlan-server-troubleshooting/

Ben

• suro
    suro
    Community Member

Hi Ben
    As I mentioned in my initial post, I did all of this already. Nothing helped.
    And as I wrote abbove, I see my Macbook when I choose "WLAN server" in the app, I can select it and will be prompted for the security code. After entering the code and tab on proceed/weiter button, the app crashes.
    Thank you for your support,
    Roland

• Okay, thanks @suro. That is the extent of the troubleshooting ability we have for the WLAN server, but we can take a look and see if perhaps there is a bug that development may need to address. In order to investigate that I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/96751
    • Your forum username: suro

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• suro
    suro
    Community Member

Thank you Ben!

I send the requested files, the Support ID number is: #USD-59149-937

Kind regards,
    Roland

• Thanks @suro. I see we've received the reports and I'll be in touch via email shortly. :)

Ben

ref: USD-59149-937

• amcknight2718
    amcknight2718
    Community Member

Hello @Ben, has there been any progress on this? I encountered it while setting up the iOS app from-scratch, as a last-ditch effort to work around other wifi sync issues ;) Now I can't get anything on the device.

• @amcknight2718

The best I could suggest would be to try selecting the option to create a new standalone vault from the 1Password for iOS welcome screen, and then sync that vault via the WLAN server after.

Ben

• amcknight2718
    amcknight2718
    Community Member

Thanks for the quick response @Ben; while that does work around the crash, it puts me back where I was, with a sync that times out:

"Sync Problem"
    "The operation couldn't be completed. Operation timed out."

Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=60 "Operation timed out" UserInfo={_kCFStreamErrorCodeKey=60, _kCFStreamErrorDomainKey=1}

This is doing a sync over an ad-hoc wifi network from my macbook running Mojave 10.14.0, to an iPhone 6S running iOS 12.0.1. Same process works syncing to an iPad Pro running 12.0.0.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited November 2018

@amcknight2718

I suppose that is progress of some sort. :) Have you been through our WLAN troubleshooting guide? Based on the fact that you're using an ad-hoc network for this I suspect perhaps you've seen this document, but have you tried each of the steps?

https://support.1password.com/wlan-server-troubleshooting/

Really the only troubleshooting step I could offer beyond that would be to export your 1Password data to a 1PIF file using the Mac, wipe both devices, create a new keychain on each, import the 1PIF on the Mac, and then re-establish syncing.

Ben

• suro
    suro
    Community Member

@amcknight2718 @Ben

After the crash was fixed with a standalone vault, I was now able to finally fix the "Sync Problem" as well.
    The solution, at least in my case, was in the end very simple... drum roll... -> I turned off the firewall on my Macbook before trying to sync and it worked almost immediately (off course I enabled it again after the sync was done)!
    As next I'll try to tune the firewall with the right ports...

All the best

• Thanks for the update @suro. :)

Ben

• amcknight2718
    amcknight2718
    Community Member

@Ben your suggestion to export to 1PIF files and reimport worked, thanks for following up with that!

• You're very welcome. I'm glad to hear that worked, @amcknight2718.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.