1PASSWORD/SAMSUNG NOTE 8 ISSUES

LanceHaslewood
LanceHaslewood
Community Member

I have been using 1Password on my Samsung Note 8 for almost a year without any issues, now when I open the app, I'm instructed to either start my trial or sign into my account. I have, to my knowledge, not experienced this before. 'Sign-in address' ... I have no idea! 'Email address' ... no problems there. 'Secret Key' ... I have no idea! 'Master Password' ... I assume this is the password I use to unlock the app. Is anyone able to give me any advice, please.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @LanceHaslewood. Can you let us know if you've recently reinstalled or updated 1Password? Also, prior to this, were you syncing with Dropbox, local storage, or WLAN?

• LanceHaslewood
    LanceHaslewood
    Community Member

Hello Peri, apologies for the late response. No, I didn't reinstall or update 1Password. I use 1Password on a daily basis on my phone, then for some reason, I now cannot get into my account. I don't use Dropbox nor do I have 1Password loaded onto my desktop (HP). I do, however, have 1Password uploaded onto my iMac which I can access, but as I don't use the Mac often, the 1Password data on it is not up-to-date. I use 1Password mainly on my Samsung Note 8. I am a single user. Unfortunately, it has been a while since I have synced my phone with my Mac. Lesson learnt!

• LanceHaslewood
    LanceHaslewood
    Community Member

Just to add a comment that I had lodged a query with 1Password via the website on 28 November to which I received an acknowledgement that 1Password would follow-up, but never did.

"[#CUE-59518-869] Question about 1Password. Thanks for taking the time to contact us. 😊 My human friends have received your message and are working as quickly as possible to get back to you. We know you rely on 1Password and just want to resolve things and get on with your life. We totally get it. So we have some links below that might get you up and running without having to wait.... "

• Thanks, @LanceHaslewood. It sounds like you're viewing the Settings page. From there, tap Categories. It will have an icon that looks like a filing cabinet. That will take you from Settings to your items.

Also, I see that Michael was able to reply to your email, so I'll let you follow up with him if you still have any questions. Thanks!

• LanceHaslewood
    LanceHaslewood
    Community Member

Thanks, Peri. Yes, I have been conferring with Michael as well. Yes, the settings page is what appears after I sign-in using my master password. There is no 'Categories' option on the page!

• On a tablet, you won't see 'Categories', you'll just see the file cabinet icon which is shown here. Do you see this?

• LanceHaslewood
    LanceHaslewood
    Community Member

Peri, I'm not using a tablet, but a Samsung phone (Note 8).

• @LanceHaslewood In that case Categories is at the bottom of the screen like on the phone in the picture I linked above. Your screenshot is cut off at the bottom. Do you see the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen like in that image?

• LanceHaslewood
    LanceHaslewood
    Community Member

Peri ... now I feel like a dunce! Yes, categories are there but greyed-out, and therefore I assumed it was inactive. I think I need to change my medication!! Sorry for wasting your time. Would you mind advising Michael that all is not hot-to-trot and thank him for his perseverance. Thank you to you, also for your time, effort and patience.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Not a waste of our time at all! It's what we're here for. I'm glad that Peri was able to help, and we're here if you need us. :)

This discussion has been closed.