HELP! My 1Password is *frozen* for some reason but I purchased the app out-right. What's going on?

Options
adkim
adkim
Community Member

Help, not sure what's going on but my 1Password is saying it's "frozen" but I purchased 1Password out right.

Please advise!

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.1
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:frozen

Comments

• adkim
    adkim
    Community Member
    Options

Anap,

So I have the actual App (not the membership) but i did do a trial for 30 days and opted not to go with the membership because it was not clear that i had to pay a monthly fee.

I'd like to just stick with the app that I originally paid out right for...

Still really need your help to get this back to square one.

• adkim
    adkim
    Community Member
    Options

Please look up my e-mail and user ID in your system. You'll see that I've been purchasing the full app as a customer since around 2008.
    I have absolutely no intentions on ever being part of some subscription model.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@adkim - apologies for the confusion. If you created a 30 day trial account, any data in the account will be frozen after 30 days, if you choose not to subscribe (as you say you chose not to). However, you're not "locked out" of your data. If you still have a Primary (standalone) vault in 1Password for Mac, you can use these instructions to move any data in the account's vault(s) back to your standalone vaults, then click Preferences > Accounts, select your account and click the minus button at the bottom left of the Preferences window to remove your account. That will leave you running only your original standalone data. You would only need to (re)apply your license for 1Password 7 for Mac (if it wasn't already applied), and you'll be all set! :)

• adkim
    adkim
    Community Member
    Options

So I did all that however 1Password will not let me add new logins. I'm attaching a screenshot for you to see what i'm talking about.!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@adkim - thanks for the update and screenshot. I see you're running 1Password 7 for Mac. I know you mentioned you're not interested in a 1password.com membership, which means purchasing a standalone license for this new version will be the only other way to authorize/license it. That's why each of your items has a "Read Only" badge in the upper right corner (in the main 1Password window), and that will also be the reason you cannot add to, edit or delete any of your data, nor use the browser extension to save or fill information into webpages: it hasn't been purchased.

If you downloaded and installed version 7 from our website, clicking on the Read Only badge will take you to the Purchase Options screen. Make sure you click the link indicated below to purchase a standalone license, not subscribe to a membership:

If you installed 1Password 7 for Mac from the Mac App Store, you'll need to delete it and use our version, as we no longer sell 1Password as a standalone purchase via the Mac App Store. Make sure you Quit 1Password 7 Completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu), the delete the app. Don't use any app cleaners or uninstallers to do this, as these programs can remove more data than we want them to. Just drag the 1Password app to the Trash, then you can visit our downloads page and install our version, which will allow you the purchase options. Hope that helps! :)

• adkim
    adkim
    Community Member
    Options

Okay, I don't think you guys are getting what I'm trying to say.

At some point the app had me login in for the free trial membership which at the time i had no ideal that it would force me into a monthly subscription service and replace my lifetime license. I only learned of this WHEN it expired.

Please look up my account and you will find that I have had a lifetime license purchased with every iteration since 2008.

So the question is HOW do i revert back to using just my lifetime license because i have absolutely no desire to be on a subscription model.

Again, please look up my account and you will find that I HAVE the lifetime license.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2018
    Options

@adkim - I've been getting what you've been saying all along.

Again, please look up my account and you will find that I HAVE the lifetime license.

We have never sold a "lifetime license" of 1Password on any platform. 1Password for Mac and 1Password for Windows licenses never expire, but they are only good for the version for which they are purchased (unless otherwise specified). In other words, if you purchase a license for 1Password 3 for Mac, you can use it forever...to license version 3. But you can't use it to license version 4 or any later versions, which each will require a new license for the new version.

please look up my account and you will find that I HAVE the lifetime license.

I'm unable to do that, as we no longer have access to previous purchase history of older versions, since we switched to the newer FastSpring store and shut down the old AgileBits store. To be clear, I believe that you've purchased licenses in the past, I'm just not sure what relevance that has to the current situation, since old licenses for previous versions of 1Password do not license the current 1Password 7 for Mac.

At some point the app had me login in for the free trial membership which at the time i had no ideal that it would force me into a monthly subscription service and replace my lifetime license. I only learned of this WHEN it expired.

There is no way for this to happen if you were using the version of 1Password for Mac that you purchased previously. 1Password 6 for Mac (or earlier) does not ask you to create an account, if it's paid for and you're using it in standalone mode.

On the other hand, if you downloaded the new 1Password 7 for Mac and tried to use it (which you seem to have done, since you listed your version as 7.2.2), then this newer version would indeed have required either a license OR a 1password.com subscription to be able to use it. Based on you saying in your first post that your data shows Frozen status, it sounds like you created an account in order to use the new version you downloaded?

So the question is HOW do i revert back to using just my lifetime license because i have absolutely no desire to be on a subscription model.

Your license for 1Password 6 does not work for the current version 7 you have installed. If you want to keep using 1Password 7 for Mac, you will need a new standalone license for it, just like you have purchased in the past when new versions have been released. Please let me know whether you'd like to uninstall version 7 and revert to version 6 of 1Password for Mac (which you've already got a license for), or if you'd like instructions for keeping version 7 and switching back to using it with standalone vaults.

This discussion has been closed.