I just recovered an account, the user can login to the web but not the app.

Not sure what else to do. The master password works for the web but not for the app.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:just recovered an account, can login to the web but not the app

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@philq: I sounds like you need to sign out of the app completely and sign in with the new account credentials. But if you're still having trouble, I'll really need to know which "app" specifically you're referring to. You've left out all the version information from your post: OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions would help a lot. Let me know! :)

• philq
    philq
    Community Member

Mac OS 10.13.6
    Chrome Extension v 4.7.3.90
    The app is 1Password 7.2.1

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@philq: Thanks for confirming! Did you try signing out and then signing back in using the new account credentials you got from recovery? You can do that in 1Password Preferences > Accounts. Let me know.

• philq
    philq
    Community Member

OK after long hiatus, the issue persists. I've recovered the account and can long in top the web account but the 1Password application and browser extensions aren't accepting the new password. I can't seem to edit the prefs (1Password Preferences > Accounts) without logging in. I also see no vault settings but I can't create a new vault either.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@philq: Ohhhh I understand. You don't know the old password, so you're unable to unlock the app to sign out. No problem. In that case, just reset the app:

https://support.1password.com/starting-over/

Then you can set it up again by signing in using your current account credentials. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• philq
    philq
    Community Member

Well that worked (though not directly). I was unable to just log in and needed to sign on manually re-inputting all credentials and the secret key and THEN it worked. So, I'm back up but I suspect there was something cached somewhere that needed to get overwritten. Thanks for the great support (and patience)!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah, maybe you were selecting the (old) saved credentials instead of entering all the new ones from scratch. Anyway, glad to hear you were able to sign in. Thanks for letting me know! :)

This discussion has been closed.