Let's stop and give a moment of thanks to everyone at 1Password

JustRed
JustRed
Community Member

No question here. I didn't even have an account on this forum until today. It's not that I wouldn't enjoy your fine company. It's just that 1Password is so well written that I've not had the need to join and ask questions. I do my best NOT to join too many online forums. But after this morning, I just had to join.

How many of you got Dave's email this morning or yesterday? The one where you can gift someone 1Password for a year?

Who does that? Seriously?

Someone kind, that's who. And for what it's worth, there's a difference between nice and kind. Dave is both, but especially kind. I've never seen a software company do anything like this. So, if you're still reading, reply and tell us all what the folks at 1Password mean to you. Give us an example of kindness, either from an employee or from a forum member.

Let's give them all a moment of thanks.

-Michelle
No matter where you go, there you are. Make it count. #Kindness

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• hesspaul
    hesspaul
    Community Member

🥂 👍 👏

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@hesspaul: Cheers to you too! Thank you, and happy holidays! :chuffed:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2018

@JustRed: Thank you so much for your graciousness, and your suggestion! You're making me super emotional now. :cry:

At the risk of embarrassment (theirs, not my own, which I guess means it's not really risky for me!), I'm gonna call out @prime, who I know has done a lot of outreach, teaching people how to secure their digital lives using 1Password...and has been asking all sorts of questions these past few days about the Thanksgiving promotion, trying to share 1Password with even more people.

Sure, this promotion is something we're doing here at 1Password, and it feels great to be able to offer it. But what's even better is having all of you folks spread the 1Password love this holiday season to the people in your lives that you can reach. We couldn't do it without you. Thanks for helping to make 1Password what it is today, and helping us pay it forward.

As far as talking about what the folks at 1Password mean to me...obviously that would be a bit weird, so I'll just say that I am grateful to be working with such smart, talented, caring people, and leave it at that.

But even more than that, I'm grateful to be able to interact with the incredible community we have here in the forum, and 1Password customers in general, of all kinds: not just talking about nerdy stuff, but helping someone whose area of expertise is vastly different than mine master securing their most important data.

It's so great to hear that you've been using 1Password happily! You totally made my day, and I have no doubt that when the rest of the 1Password team wakes up from their Thanksgiving-binge-induced benders they'll share my feelings as well. Thanks, Michelle. I hope you and your loved ones enjoy a wonderful holiday season and new year. Ours already is thanks to you and the rest of our awesome customers. :love:

• prime
    prime
    Community Member

Agilebits are great bunch of people :) One of the reasons why I stay with them.

@brenty I’m trying. Some people are so afraid to try this still. I get it, new technology is scary.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@prime: Does it help that 1Password isn't exactly new? It's been around for over a decade! Okay, probably that doesn't help... :lol: Anyway, seriously, thank you for doing what you can to help them! Maybe the first time it doesn't take, but just making someone aware of the possibilities can plant a seed for the future. 💙

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited November 2018

@brenty,

I try but, seriously, until something bad happens, nobody pays attention to security. Not all smooth sailing but Agilebits does OK.

Agilebits are great bunch of people :) One of the reasons why I stay with them.

+1

• Thank you! ❤️

Ben

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni

Thanks so much for the kind words, Michelle! :smile:

Seb

• Thank you so much Michelle, Optimus and Wkleem :blush:

❤️

• aglouise
    edited November 2018

Awe, Michelle! What a lovely message for the team. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

❤️🎉

• prime
    prime
    Community Member

@brenty

@prime: Does it help that 1Password isn't exactly new? It's been around for over a decade! Okay, probably that doesn't help... :lol: Anyway, seriously, thank you for doing what you can to help them! Maybe the first time it doesn't take, but just making someone aware of the possibilities can plant a seed for the future. 💙

:lol: true, but it’s still “new” to a lot of people. I always felt 30 days to try this was too short. I tell people a year now to try and they are just like “whatever”. I want to tell “keep using the same password, it’s a when something happens”.

• JustRed
    JustRed
    Community Member

To Loiuse, Benji, Seb, Ben, Brenty: We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Great food? Check. Family? Check. Passwords protected by 1Password? Check. For those pesky, would-be assassins driving UPS, USPS, FedEx, or Amazon trucks? There's this guy. They're so much in awe over his ferociousness, they leave tribute as they flee the scene.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@JustRed: :love: It seems like like you've got it pretty good too! I'm glad that you and yours enjoyed a delicious, happy, secure (with 1Password), and safe (from interlopers) Thanksgiving, and here's to the rest of the holiday season following suit! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.