Cannot get 1Password to connect

It appears that my sons 1Password install will not connect and sync. We can sign in using his credentials on the website and see our family passwords etc, but his local install has offline changes going back almost a year...no, he hasn't used it much. When I check the license it shows as valid. I tried removing the installed versions and reinstalling from the link for him on the family profile. Same issue. The only installed AV app is the built in MS one. I tried to attach the log and diag to this post, seems those aren't permitted, so please let me know how to get them to you.

1Password Version: 7.2.581
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @Blastifier: When you mention he "hasn't used it much" are these offline changes changes that he needs? This is likely a known issue which means we probably won't need the logs – if he uses 1Password so rarely that he is jumping several versions with each update, he probably ran into a database migration issue leading to the offline changes. The solution is to reset his local data and recreate that data from the server, but that will lose the offline changes, so I don't want to tell you to do that until we've got those changes preserved, assuming he does need them.

• Blastifier
    Blastifier
    Community Member

We have made copies of the offline account info, it's safe to reset the local data. How do we go about doing that?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Blastifier,

Thank you for your reply! If you have copies of those offline changes, please follow the steps in this guide to reset the local data and start over with 1Password app on your Windows PC.

Let us know if the issue remains after that. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.