Unable to download a PDF stored in my 1Password

Hello,

I have a 21 MB PDF file that contains a graphic that I need. I have the impression that 1Password is trying to download that file from the internet in order to save it on my machine. However, it's taking a serious amount of time. Before I had a Dropbox sync and now I move to this online mechanism, but I wished it would work well.

There is absolutely no visual mechanism what is going on when I click on "click to Download" - is it trying to fetch from the servers? If yes, show some progress bar maybe? Is there a local cache on my machine?

Anyway, what are my options here? I really need that data now and I cannot wait long hours for my data to be downloaded.

1Password version 7.2.581 -> manually typed that here because I can't select text from Help>About> Copy version.

I have the impression the software is not stress tested enough, especially for heavy users who have >1000 passwords with some having attachments etc.

Thanks for any help. I really need that data now but it's not saving it to my machine :(

1Password Version: 7.2.581
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• msxtj
    msxtj
    Community Member

I found the problem. It was due to the proxy in 1Password that does not work.

Folks, please test the proxy settings!! Whatever you put in the field there in Advanced, you get Proxy address invalid.

• @msxtj: I don't want to repeat myself here and since you posted in a related thread with more discussion, I've replied in the comments there. :+1:

• msxtj
    msxtj
    Community Member

Sounds good. Please kindly make sure to fix the proxy settings as soon as possible. Because right now, it's impossible to have my data synced unless I log in with my work laptop at home on my home wifi.

Thanks!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@msxtj: We are always working on improvements for 1Password for Windows (and other platforms), so please stay tuned for future updates. If you have any other questions about this situation, let's continue our conversation in the neighbour thread about proxy. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.