1Password for Windows does not fill fields in browser

I have the Windows version of 1Password installed. I also have the 1Password Chrome extention installed. However the 1Password app does not connect to the browser, so everytime I wish to fill in a password I either have to manually copy it from the application, or authenticate to the extension (effectively use the extension as a stand alone, seperate form the application). This is a pain since I'd like to use biometrics to open my vaults.

1Password Version: 7.2.581
Extension Version: 1.12.3
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Standard/Default
Referrer: forum-search:1Password for Windows does not fill fields in browser

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @seanw75,

Thank you for getting in touch!

It sounds like you installed 1Password X, our new extension that works entirely in your browser. Could you please install our standard extension instead and check if it works better for you? Our standard extension communicates with 1Password 7 app installed on your computer, so it should be unlocked automatically, if you unlock the standalone app.

Let me know how it goes. Thanks!

++
    Greg

• seanw75
    seanw75
    Community Member

Ah! Perfect thank you very much, that is exactly what it was. Good to know for future reference as well.

• On Greg's behalf, you are most welcome. Of course, if we can do anything else to help, you know where to find us. :chuffed:

• yainga
    yainga
    Community Member

I am having a similar problem that started just today. I have a completely different looking extension pop up and it it is not connecting to my vault. I got a message to update my 1PW (I started with V4 for windows) and ended up downloading an installer for V7. I'm not sure how to go backwards. I LOVE this product and have used it since you guys first launched the Mac product. I'm already dying without it!!!

Thanks for the help.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @yainga,

It sounds like you have two different versions of 1Password installed on your PC, so your issue is different. That is why I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from 1Password app, where you have all of your data:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostic Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox. You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• yainga
    yainga
    Community Member

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the speedy reply! My support ID# is #BGI-64169-784

• Thanks, @yainga! I found your e-mail and sent you a reply already. Check your inbox and you should have a fix waiting for you. :chuffed:

ref: BGI-64169-784

• yainga
    yainga
    Community Member
    edited November 2018

It worked seamlessly! Thanks so much for you quick response.

• It's no trouble at all, @yainga! Have a lovely week and if we can do anything else to help, you know where to find us. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.