How do I search for items that have attachments?

Options

I have 1Password7 and I want to change my Master Password for my vault since I think someone may have shoulder-surfed it while I was typing it. I do not use the cloud storage, only local vaults. You can't just change the password apparently, which is annoying.

So I created a new local vault and will reset 1Password to completely purge the old Master Password from being used to unlock it. That also seems like a less than optimal design, but the support article says is the only choice.

I copied items from the old vault over to the new one and got a message that said something to the effect of attachments and other things were skipped. How can I figure out what items that applies to? Mac users apparently get an advanced search that can search by number of attachments, but there is no option like that in the Windows version that I could find.

Can I turn on some local logging that will identify affected items? Some magic search string? Anything that lets me determine for sure that I'm not leaving anything behind before I delete the old vault? I have over 700 items and I found one attachment by manually poking through, but I want more confidence than that before I delete the old vault.

Is there some easier way to do this when you think your Master Password might be compromised? This seems like a lot of work with some data loss mixed in for good measure, to accomplish something (rotating passwords) that should be part of regular password hygiene. And the one password that is the gatekeeper to EVERYTHING ELSE seems especially important to be able to protect/change on demand to keep that info secure.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there @mattyd,

Thank you for getting in touch and using 1Password! I am sorry for the difficulties with it.

At the moment you can't change the Master Password for a standalone vault in 1Password 7. We are aware of this inconvenience and still working on some UI there.

If you want to use a different Master Password, the best way is to create a new local vault and then migrate your data over. Moreover, please use the following query to find the items with attachments in your vault in 1Password 7 for Windows: file:

Let me know how it works for you. Thank you! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.