To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Locked out of 1Password 7, please help

Options
Allensfarm
Allensfarm
Community Member

Good afternoon,

I'm in a bit of a pickle and I was hoping you folks might be able to help.

In the past I had only used 1password 6 with a standalone licence and it has been syncing with iCloud. I then found out you offered 1Password for families on October 18th, 2017. Made a yearly subscription to that, and It just renewed this past October. That as you know utilizes 1password 7.

I needed to format my MacBook this morning, I went to put on 1password and it was asking me for my master password. I looked back in my emails and I know the name of my vault (allensfarm) and the secret key, its just the master password that evades me.

https://allensfarm.1password.com

I know you won't be able to provide me the password, at least I don't think. But I'm wondering if you could reset this vault so I can have access again. I can then export the iCloud Vault utilizing 1Password 6 and import into the 1Password 7 library and start using 1Password for Families.

Lastly if you don't mind me asking, my vault it located in the US server, but I'm from Canada, is there a way to more the vault over so I login using;

https://allensfarm.1password.ca/

Thank for you your assistance, I hope to hear from you soon

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Allensfarm
    Allensfarm
    Community Member
    Options

Good afternoon,

I'm in a bit of a pickle and I was hoping you folks might be able to help.

In the past I had only used 1password 6 with a standalone licence and it has been syncing with iCloud. I then found out you offered 1Password for families on October 18th, 2017. Made a yearly subscription to that, and It just renewed this past October. That as you know utilizes 1password 7.

I needed to format my MacBook this morning, I went to put on 1password and it was asking me for my master password. I looked back in my emails and I know the name of my vault (allensfarm) and the secret key, its just the master password that evades me.

https://allensfarm.1password.com

I know you won't be able to provide me the password, at least I don't think. But I'm wondering if you could reset this vault so I can have access again. I can then export the iCloud Vault utilizing 1Password 6 and import into the 1Password 7 library and start using 1Password for Families.

Lastly if you don't mind me asking, my vault it located in the US server, but I'm from Canada, is there a way to more the vault over so I login using;

https://allensfarm.1password.ca/

Thank for you your assistance, I hope to hear from you soon

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: OS X 10.14.1
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• Allensfarm
    Allensfarm
    Community Member
    Options

Reposted in Memberships instead of purchasing. Please see forum post there. Thanks

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Allensfarm,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. Your Master Password is used to encrypt your data. As such the only way to decrypt the data (into something readable) is by entering the correct Master Password. There isn't a way around that -- even for us. As such I'd suggest exhausting every possible guess at your password before proceeding. The best we'll be able to do to help is assist you in deleting your membership so that you can start over.

As for 1Password.ca it is possible to move your membership there but it is a manual process (on your part). Generally unless there is a requirement to do so we don't recommend it. But if you ultimately are faced with starting over anyway because you cannot recall your Master Password that would be the time to do that.

Ben

• Allensfarm
    Allensfarm
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Ben for getting back to me.

Unfortunately I have exaused all the possible passwords. I just can't seem to remember. I will have to bite the bullet and start afresh.

I would like the start the process of deleting the membership and moving the new membership to 1password.ca

Thanks @Ben for your help with this matter. What is the best way for us to communicate going forward.

• Ben
    Options

As we're at that stage we'll need to move the conversation to email. Please reach out to us at sales@1password.com from the email address associated with your membership. When you do you'll get a support ID back from BitBot. Please post that ID here.

Thanks.

Ben

• Allensfarm
    Allensfarm
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben - Here is the support ID number - [#NIQ-89992-698]

• Allensfarm
    Allensfarm
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben im stil waiting for a reply through email. Im wanting to get my library reset as soon as possible. Thanks Ben

• Ben
    Options

@Allensfarm

I understand. I apologize for the delay. Today is a holiday for a large portion of our team, but I'll try to get you a response today.

Thanks.

Ben

• Allensfarm
    Allensfarm
    Community Member
    Options

I totally forgot about the holiday as I am a Canadian ;) Many thanks all the same Ben.

• Hey @Allensfarm, it looks like we were able to help through email, but if there is anything else we can help with, you know where to find us :)

• Allensfarm
    Allensfarm
    Community Member
    Options

Many thanks to all those at 1Password, I am all sorted thanks their great help!!

• @Allensfarm Excellent! You're most welcome.

This discussion has been closed.