CLI Seg Faults on OpenBSD 6.4 (Current)

TheOtherAdam
TheOtherAdam
Community Member

exactly as the title says, when i try and run op --version, all i get is a segmentation fault

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• cohix
    cohix
    1Password Alumni

@TheOtherAdam This seems to be an issue with the Go 1.10 compiler. This has been fixed in the just-released Go 1.11 compiler, so we'll need to put out a new release with the new toolchain. We'll let you know when this is available (we need to validate the new toolchain before doing a release)

Sorry for the issues!

• basis0
    basis0
    Community Member

I'm having this same issue which is significantly impacting my productivity. Is there any update on this?

• cohix
    cohix
    1Password Alumni

@basis0 Our next release, likely in the next week or so, will be built with Go 1.11 which will solve the issue.

• gawin
    gawin
    Community Member

@cohix This issue is not resolved in version 0.5.5 (build #55001) – released 2018-12-24:

OpenBSD 6.4 GENERIC#349 amd64

./op --version
    Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Any idea when this will be fixed?

• cohix
    cohix
    1Password Alumni

@gawin 0.5.5 went out before the 1.11 testing was complete, but it is now so you'll be seeing a new build soon.

• gawin
    gawin
    Community Member

Great news @cohix, really looking forward to this :-)

Please ping me if you want me to beta test it on OpenBSD before release.

• cohix
    cohix
    1Password Alumni

@gawin thank you!

• TheOtherAdam
    TheOtherAdam
    Community Member

@cohix is there any easy way to get notified of this release?

• cohix
    cohix
    1Password Alumni

@TheOtherAdam currently there is not, unfortunately.

• febpws
    febpws
    Community Member

Hi,

This still happens on OpenBSD 6.5 and OpenBSD-current with v0.5.6-003.
    Is there a plan to fix it anytime soon ?

Thanks.

• graham_1P
    edited May 2019

Hi @febpws

Can you confirm your version of op? If it segfaults at startup, you will probably have to find this information through your package manager.

• TheOtherAdam
    TheOtherAdam
    Community Member

@graham_1P @febpws

I would guess the version of op is v0.5.6-003 as that’s not an OpenBSD version number!

Adam

• febpws
    febpws
    Community Member

@graham_1P op version is v0.5.6-003. I get this from the zip file I downloaded from https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/CLI because, as you say, it segfaults at startup.

I have some error output, you can see it here: https://pastebin.com/ra28ppJX

Thanks.

• @febpws

Thanks for the info.

I can confirm this will be fixed in the 0.6.0 release. As Connor mentioned above, we didn't have enough time to get Go 1.11 into the 0.5.x releases.

• TheOtherAdam
    TheOtherAdam
    Community Member

@graham_1P do you have time frame for the 0.6.0 release?

• graham_1P
    edited June 2019

@TheOtherAdam

I wish I had one for you, but no I don't have an exact time frame.

The reason why is that our team which is responsible for the CLI is also the team responsible for the SCIM Bridge. Recently that has recently been getting the bulk of our effort, as our current push is to get the SCIM Bridge version 1.0 out the door so that it departs beta. After that is stable we will be able to come back and make the many needed modifications to the CLI.

However I would like to mention that the CLI and the SCIM Bridge are built upon a shared code base, such that many of the modifications that have gone into improving and stabilising the SCIM Bridge are doing the same for the CLI. Version 0.6.0 will be the first to take advantage of these changes!

You can read more from Rick here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/507511/#Comment_507511

This discussion has been closed.